Training for Adobe Creative Suite 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old August 1st, 2007, 12:48 PM   #1
New Boot

Training for Adobe Creative Suite 3

I have just purchased the new Adobe Creative Suite 3 Production Premium software set and now I need to learn how to efficiently and effectively use this suite of programs for my video editing productions. Can anyone recommend a source for either one-on-one training or classroom training? I have subscribed to lynda.com, but would like to get up and running as quickly as possible. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.
Gerald Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 02:05 PM   #2
Trustee

Watching the videos on Lynda.com should get you most of the way to your goal. While private lessons are available, the expense is prohibitive unless you are really desperate.

I don't know about other trainers, but my rates are $1000 per day plus travel with a two day minimum. That is for one to six in a class. The same info can be had with Total Training or Lynda.com

The only time I suggest training with me one-on-one is when you already have footage and have specific questions. I have to admit that using my services to get started is a bit pricey unless you are in a really big hurry.

I have to ask what part of Lynda.com you have already tried and found wanting?
Old August 1st, 2007, 07:49 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks Steve

for the quick response. I have only perused the lynda.com videos briefly and worked a little with the trial version of Premier. My thinking was for some help in maximizing the total suite workflow.
I am installing a new hard drive for the suite (since it takes up 24 gigs of space as I understand it) and should have the programs installed this weekend. I agree that the one-on-one approach is pricey.
Gerald Ingram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2007, 09:46 PM   #4
Trustee

Send me an email with your phone number and a good time to chat. I might be able to give you a brief overview to get you started.

I am working on a DVD that explains how it all fits together, but we are looking at a September release at best.
Old August 2nd, 2007, 08:20 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Gerald,

Heres a link to a few of my video tutes, to give you an idea. Brief examples of working with PP2.

http://www.esnips.com/web/Premiere-Pro-2-Video-Tutes
Ivan Barbarich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 09:39 AM   #6
Major Player

I would recommend the Total Training series. I am currently working with Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 and use the Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 training series. There are only a few big differences between 2.0 and CS3. But I am like 5 hours in and I did not have any problems following the exercises.

They also have a series for the whole Creative Suite 2 but I am not sure how good/complete it is. And I would not go for the personal route if you are just starting. Buy a good book, buy Total Training and when you are done with it, then find someone who can help you fill in the gaps. I am really enthusiastic about the Total Training series. I also have the VASST training series for Vegas. And although they are nice, they are much more unstructured and I sometimes had a difficulty following what they were doing exactly.

I am not sure if you are a beginning, intermediate or advanced but Adobe also offers some great books to start with. Don't get me wrong, I really believe in 1 on 1 training and there is no DVD/book that can replace it. But I would not spend a lot of money on the basic principles/basic functions but save my money for the advanced tricks and magic that you can do with the program.

I hope you find the right solution that works best for you!
Floris van Eck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2007, 10:02 AM   #7
Regular Crew

CS3 Production Premium came with a registration bonus -- I chose 1 free month of Lynda.com. For 1 month, you get access to all their online courses - and they are high quality and entertaining. I love them and will probably subscribe on an as needed basis in the future.

Mike
Michael DAmbrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 05:44 AM   #8
Regular Crew

The 2 Master Training company program on web and CD-ROM:

"Lynda.com and Total Training"
K.C. Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 09:21 AM   #9
New Boot

Thanks to All...

for the great advice and information.
Gerald Ingram is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite