DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Adobe Creative Suite (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/)
-   -   Premiere Pro CS4 4.0.1 Update with OMF and Final Cut Project import (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/adobe-creative-suite/138179-premiere-pro-cs4-4-0-1-update-omf-final-cut-project-import.html)

Geoff Murillo November 21st, 2008 11:10 AM

Premiere Pro CS4 4.0.1 Update with OMF and Final Cut Project import

Cool news. We knew OMF support was coming. Now it's here.

From Adobe's website:

"The Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS4 4.0.1 update adds support for AAF import/export, Apple Final Cut Pro XML project import, and OMF export, along with numerous other stability and quality improvements. The update is recommended for all Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 users."

The update download link:

PC:
Adobe - Premiere Pro : For Windows : Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 4.0.1 update

MAC:
Adobe - Premiere Pro : For Macintosh : Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 4.0.1 update

Jiri Fiala November 21st, 2008 02:43 PM

I`m surprised FCP import really works (testing now), and surprisingly well too. I didn`t expect niceties like importing blending modes, motion or transitions.

Now to test AAF/OMF functionality. That is SORELY needed in Premiere. Anything more than simple videos needs audio sweetening.

Joe Riggs November 26th, 2008 02:26 AM

When I heard about the final cut pro import, I was super excited, I have a PC at home and FCP at school, so this would save a lot of time. However, when I tried to import footage captured in final cut (the footage still doesn't have an extension e.g. mov) so it failed to import. Also, when I manually add the extension it does not work either.

Perhaps I am miss understanding, but does this mean that I can capture footage in Final Cut Pro, then import that footage into premiere or do you have to export the whole project?
How did you do it Jiri?

Jiri Fiala November 26th, 2008 03:50 AM

I`ve just tried importing ProRes project so far. It works flawless, except Prores footage plays kind of sluggish. But I understand this option more as a means to importing into After effects, and I don`t need realtime there.

I will experiment some more and share the results.

Matt Headley November 26th, 2008 10:26 AM

I too want to find out more about this. I am a Premiere guy, and this may mean the ability for me to freelance edit weddings for a videographer who wants to tweak stuff after I edit in FCP.

I don't really need the option to import FROM FCP. Rather, I need the option to be able to export TO FCP from Premiere CS4.

Can anyone recommend a way to do this now that these options have been added to CS4?

Eric Addison November 26th, 2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Headley (Post 969290)
I too want to find out more about this. I am a Premiere guy, and this may mean the ability for me to freelance edit weddings for a videographer who wants to tweak stuff after I edit in FCP.

I don't really need the option to import FROM FCP. Rather, I need the option to be able to export TO FCP from Premiere CS4.

Can anyone recommend a way to do this now that these options have been added to CS4?

I heard that the export option would be coming in a future update, but I got no word when that would be released. I'd like it too!

Jiri Fiala November 26th, 2008 11:37 AM

You can only do this via EDL, but that works for simple cuts-only sequences with 1 video track.

Matt Headley November 29th, 2008 10:13 AM

So the only export available right now is for audio only? (besides EDL of course).