Premiere Pro CS4 4.0.1 Update with OMF and Final Cut Project import at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old November 21st, 2008, 11:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro CS4 4.0.1 Update with OMF and Final Cut Project import

Cool news. We knew OMF support was coming. Now it's here.

From Adobe's website:

"The Adobe® Premiere® Pro CS4 4.0.1 update adds support for AAF import/export, Apple Final Cut Pro XML project import, and OMF export, along with numerous other stability and quality improvements. The update is recommended for all Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 users."

The update download link:

PC:
Adobe - Premiere Pro : For Windows : Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 4.0.1 update

MAC:
Adobe - Premiere Pro : For Macintosh : Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 4.0.1 update
Geoff Murillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2008, 02:43 PM   #2
Major Player

I`m surprised FCP import really works (testing now), and surprisingly well too. I didn`t expect niceties like importing blending modes, motion or transitions.

Now to test AAF/OMF functionality. That is SORELY needed in Premiere. Anything more than simple videos needs audio sweetening.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 02:26 AM   #3
Regular Crew

When I heard about the final cut pro import, I was super excited, I have a PC at home and FCP at school, so this would save a lot of time. However, when I tried to import footage captured in final cut (the footage still doesn't have an extension e.g. mov) so it failed to import. Also, when I manually add the extension it does not work either.

Perhaps I am miss understanding, but does this mean that I can capture footage in Final Cut Pro, then import that footage into premiere or do you have to export the whole project?
How did you do it Jiri?
Joe Riggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 03:50 AM   #4
Major Player

I`ve just tried importing ProRes project so far. It works flawless, except Prores footage plays kind of sluggish. But I understand this option more as a means to importing into After effects, and I don`t need realtime there.

I will experiment some more and share the results.
Old November 26th, 2008, 10:26 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I too want to find out more about this. I am a Premiere guy, and this may mean the ability for me to freelance edit weddings for a videographer who wants to tweak stuff after I edit in FCP.

I don't really need the option to import FROM FCP. Rather, I need the option to be able to export TO FCP from Premiere CS4.

Can anyone recommend a way to do this now that these options have been added to CS4?
Matt Headley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 11:25 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Headley View Post
I too want to find out more about this. I am a Premiere guy, and this may mean the ability for me to freelance edit weddings for a videographer who wants to tweak stuff after I edit in FCP.

I don't really need the option to import FROM FCP. Rather, I need the option to be able to export TO FCP from Premiere CS4.

Can anyone recommend a way to do this now that these options have been added to CS4?
I heard that the export option would be coming in a future update, but I got no word when that would be released. I'd like it too!
Eric Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2008, 11:37 AM   #7
Major Player

You can only do this via EDL, but that works for simple cuts-only sequences with 1 video track.
Old November 29th, 2008, 10:13 AM   #8
Regular Crew

So the only export available right now is for audio only? (besides EDL of course).
Matt Headley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite