Footage to Sequence Matchup at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 13th, 2010, 09:17 AM   #1
New Boot

Footage to Sequence Matchup

Summary: Camera settings and choosing a sequence are causing rendering problems in CS4 Premiere.

Hello All-

I am running into a problem while uploading video onto CS4 Premiere as to which sequence to use. I shoot with my 7D:

1920 x 1080 (1.0) Alpha
29.97 fps
48000Hz - 16 bit- Stereo.

I have been using the HDV 1080p30 preset since I have had the camera and since some of the settings are off I automatically have to render the video, which takes FOREVER (since I am assuming it has to convert the video to the new format).

It has recently been suggested by someone that I should be using AVCHD 1080i30 (60i). He said AVC is the faster version of HDV by Sony. So I have recently tried this sequence, but when I drop in the video to the timeline it still has a yellow bar over it confirming that the video needs to be rendered. Although the settings look identical to what I am shooting it still is giving me problems.

Note: I am using a MAC. I also am no guru on computers or camera settings. I have been doing this for a couple of months and this is one problem that needs to be fixed. I love to shoot video but when it takes 2 days for me to edit a 3 minute clip, there is no motivation.

Thanks in Advance for your help

-Tim
Tim Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2010, 06:20 PM   #2
New Boot

Cineform NeoScene : Specifications

and

My Canon 7D workflow Marvelsfilm’s Blog

thats all I have been able to find but why is it so much trouble?
Tim Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #3
Regular Crew

You are trying to work with the following source video specification according to your post:

1920 x 1080 (1.0) Alpha
29.97 fps
48000Hz - 16 bit- Stereo.

The HDV format is 1440 pixels wide so every frame must be downsized from 1920 to 1440 which requires rendering. AVCHD 1080i30 (60i) requires conversion from progressive to interlaced so it also needs rendering. You should try AVCHD1080p30 which is 1920 by 1080 progressive and matches your source video.
Roger Keay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite