Max XDCAM EX Clip Length? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old April 10th, 2010, 06:16 PM   #1
Trustee

Max XDCAM EX Clip Length?

I am having major issues trying to do anything with an XDCAM EX clip that is 64 minutes long. I can import it into the bin but I can't double click it to open in Source, and moving it into the timeline, there is no video and it won't even play. I am using CS4, 1080/30p from BPAV folder. I am exporting to MXF to see if that works.

EDIT: the MXF file still DOESNT work, WTF?

Has anyone had any issues like this with Premiere?

EDIT 2: Now nothing works now in Premiere.

EDIT 3: I used Clip Browser to split the video into 2 files. I made certain to let Premiere conform them but that wasn't enough. I had to create a new premiere project file and let the first part conform. Then I restarted Premiere and created another new project file and let it conform the 2nd part. Finally, I restarted Premiere and created yet another project file, and both files FINALLY worked. (I never got the full length versions to work)

I should also mention that "Droverlord - Overlay" was having issues.

Last edited by Steve Kalle; April 10th, 2010 at 07:05 PM.
Steve Kalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #2
Major Player

I had the same story the other day with CS4 and clips from the EX1.

Premiere just basically stopped functioning all together and the only way to get it going again was to start a new project.

My video clips were a series of 4GB files from the E-HDR which I justdragged straight into Premiere. But to click on them resulted in no image or sound appearing in the source monitor or preview monitor when dragging them to the timeline. Clicking almost anywhere would eventually result in freezing or crashing.

Eventually I gave up and tried to use HD Link to convert the files to SD Cineform AVIs but even that wouldn't work (aspect ratios were being changed, as were frame rates and footage was being deinterlaced (very poorly) despite me selecting none of those options - basically HD Link was having a fit) so I started to suspect some strange corruption of the files.

Finally I used Sony's Clip Browser to open the BPAV folder. Clip Browser reconstructed the 4GB files into one giant file size 90 minute clip which was as I recorded originally (the HDR is FAT32 so breaks 90 minute shot into 4GB files) I exported this clip to an SD AVI from Clip Browser (19GB file size) and this AVI went into Premiere just fine and I've been editing it just fine ever since.

So I have no idea why both Premiere and HD Link were non-functioning with the original files. I bad wanted to edit in HD but could only make it work if I downconverted to 1990s technology. It made me very frustrated.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite