CS5.5 ATI Compatibility? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 7th, 2011, 03:19 AM   #1
Major Player

CS5.5 ATI Compatibility?

Is the latest ATI cards like the HD6870 compatible with CS5.5 & the Mercury Engine?
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 04:51 AM   #2
Major Player

Re: CS5.5 ATI Compatibility?

CS5.5 and Mercury Engine will run on any graphic card, the only thing that you will be missing is GPU acceleration on the effects.
Old July 7th, 2011, 07:44 AM   #3
Major Player

Reason I'm asking is because the new ATI cards allows you to use multiple monitors up to 6 I think compared to nVidia's 2 monitors.
Nicholas de Kock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 08:27 AM   #4
Trustee

That is the essential question, do you want to have support for up to 6 monitors with the Eye-finity capabilities, or do you want to have MPE hardware acceleration? Best would be both, but unfortunately Adobe does not give you that option. More than a year ago they excused themselves by saying that OpenCL was not mature enough, but now, a year later, that looks like a lame excuse.
Harm Millaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2011, 09:13 AM   #5
Major Player

I expect them to include the support in CS6, because many people are asking for it, though I think CUDA will be more robust than OpenCL.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite