Install CS5.5 and Encore Problems at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 2nd, 2011, 04:55 PM   #1
Major Player

Install CS5.5 and Encore Problems

It is too bad that Adobe doesn't have weekend support and in this case no support till July 5th.
I installed CS5.5 and Encore. No error messages but it never asked for a password! It is an update version from CS3. I also tried to install the Speech Analysis Model and then everything stopped. Strangely I don't have any new program icons for CS5 or Encore.
Does anyone have a fix or do I have to wait for Adobe support on Tuesday? Thanks for a reply if you can assist.
Greg Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 06:15 PM   #2
Wrangler

Re: Install CS5.5 and Encore Problems

If it was an upgrade and didn't ask for the serial number of the old software, I'd have to assume the install did not complete correctly. Do what you can to uninstall CS5.5 and then run Cleaner:

Adobe - Adobe Creative Suite Cleaner Tool

If yours was the download version, I'd download again to make sure the setup files aren't corrupt, make sure any anti-virus software is off, run as administrator, and give the install another try.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 07:25 PM   #3
Major Player

I followed Pete's solution including downloading new files and everything worked with perfection.
Thanks Pete
Greg Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 08:30 PM   #4
Wrangler

Glad it worked. Enjoy, and a belated happy Canada Day!
Old July 4th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Never ever did get Encore CS2 or CS5 to load up properly in three different computers so gave up on it, thankful enough for the small mercy of Premiere Pro CS5 getting out of bed and staying awake.

Any furthur hints here regarding Encore would be muchly appreciated as looking at the partially loaded workspace is nice and has good pose value for visitors but actual functionailty would be nicer. Direct to DVD has been taken away in CS5.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2011, 02:45 AM   #6
Major Player

Did you have any errors during install? What problems are you encountering exactly? What systems? Are there any common software/hardware running on the three computers you tried to install them to?
Old July 4th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #7
Inner Circle

With PP2 and Encore, they came as separate packs. I did not buy in CS2 as a whole package. I installed off Adobe's own disks. Over time, I subsequentlty installed clean to two other drives and susscessfully registered the software. Both were upgrades from the old Premiere 6.1, which despite its age was the sweetest of the lot, limited to DV of course.

PP2 itself with cineform was good, though slowed down with SI2K footage. Encore never worked but would crash out. I assumed my own dumb mismanagement was the cause and did not perservere with it as PP2 offered burn direct to DVD disk which was all I needed.

CS5 was a new install to Adobe authorised motherboard and video card components. I bought this as a download. I have done two clean installs and a problem with Encore again exists. It will load but will do nothing else.

When it is behaving itself, Premiere Pro CS5 is great with SI2K footage. It seems with time to have settled down somewhat.

OS is Windows 7 with 16GB of memory. I am not complicating my life by running RAID but keeping it simple with a system drive, DVD-ROM, a work drive and a Dataport25 docking bay for the camera drives. I do not hot-swap the camera drives.
Old July 4th, 2011, 11:26 AM   #8
Wrangler

Bob,

You did indiate you bought the download, but just to double check that you're not using a trial version as this post:

http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/final-cu...ml#post1664249

reminded me that one of the few remaining limitations of the trial version is that you can't use Encore.
Old July 5th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #9
Inner Circle

Trial version?

I might have been witless enough to have downloaded the wrong version. wouldn't surprise me one bit and might just be the answer. thanks for the tip.
Old July 5th, 2011, 12:58 AM   #10
Inner Circle

I did a reinstall. Some more stuff seemed to go aboard but same problem. Error messages this time on launch of Encore.

It says it is missing these two files.

mc_enc_mp2v.dll
IPPMPEGDecoder.dll
Old July 5th, 2011, 01:11 AM   #11
Inner Circle

Went to Adobe website and found I cannot re-download Premiere Pro CS5 with Encore anymore. I have to shell up for Premiere Pro CS5.5 to get EncoreCS5 it seems. This is exactly what happened with PP2 when the disk got bitrot and I could no longer do clean re-installs of PP2. - Very vexed.
Old July 5th, 2011, 01:43 AM   #12
Major Player

For one, I would contact Adobe support and ask if they would provide you with links. They are usually pretty forthcoming and usually helpful about install issues.

Second, lack of MPEG encoder files suggests a trial version, because this is one of the licensed components that is problematic with trials. Unless for some reason other application that you're using overwrote them or disabled access to these files.
Old July 5th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #13
Inner Circle

I went back to Adobe and tried to find my way through their site. I got all excited when a chat screen came up and thought this was an improving trend. However after an exchange it was disclosed the helper could not help me as I needed another department which I eventually found.

It transpired that this helper could not help me as he deals with installs. I was referred to a website which gave support contact details. I just got about two hours older for nothing. I'm not sure why they bothered and am not sure why I did.

So went another route and logged into the site and downloaded the file, this time a bigger one which suggested there were some added Encore components and the heart swelled in great transports of joy and relief.

Installed Premiere and Encore and the 5.0.3 patch. Ran Premiere and it still seems fine and healthy. Ran Encore and "flash donggggg" still no go. Same error messages notifying missing .dll files and when it loads up it is no more functional. Projects cannot be opened or intiated.

Still, as I suggested before it has great pose value for visiting clients even if not fit for much else. I shall just have to educate them into forgetting about DVDs and using USB sticks and WD media players or not to be so cheap and treat themselves to a new TV with a USB stick player in it.

I shall try the freecall number tomorrow but I already suspect where this is headed, another two hours out of my life just trying to get to the motherlode through a very small gap.
Old July 6th, 2011, 01:30 AM   #14
Inner Circle

Belay all the above bleatings from me. Third try at uninstall-reinstall and something must have gone across this time because it seems fixed.

Thank you all for your leads and contributions. Dvinfo seems to be the only place to come for solutions. Kudos to you Chris and the other wranglers for making it happen. Adobe customer support was nearly two hours out of my old wrinkly life.

Last edited by Bob Hart; July 6th, 2011 at 02:56 AM. Reason: my problem at least appears to be resolved.
Old July 6th, 2011, 06:46 AM   #15
Wrangler

I suppose no one will ever know what little nuance caused your difficulties, but it occurs to me one possibility is that your system might have a failed or failing part, or an obscure BIOS setting that is causing intermittent troubles under certain circumstances.

One of the most common problems is a bad stick of RAM. I've experienced this myself...system seems fine and then go to install new software and get odd, randon behaviors (when the new software taps a bad RAM address that hadn't previously touched). I'm a big fan of Memtest86 as it has found bad sticks that both BIOS and MS memory tests missed. I'd recommend giving your system RAM a full look-see with it, but definitely do so if you start having random crashes or lock ups.

But certainly glad you're up and running and fingers crossed that your troubles are behind you.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite