exporting to Quicktime at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 10th, 2007, 12:45 PM   #1
Major Player

exporting to Quicktime

I need to export my HDV project into quicktime format for internet, so it could be downloaded, 1min=10mb is ok, but not more.
How can i do that?
Should i use adobe media encoder? If yes, which settings should i use?

thanks a lot!
Andzei Matsukevits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2007, 05:07 PM   #2
Trustee

Do you need to post a huge HDV frame, or something more reasonable like a 400X224 frame?

The smaller frame will allow you to use a 1024K data rate in the Adobe Media Encoder and have the file come out at 8MB for one minute.

If you are going to export to Quicktime on a regular basis, I recomend that you purchase Sorenson Squeeze to get a much higher quality.
Old February 10th, 2007, 07:47 PM   #3
Kino-Eye

For QuickTime files, the highest quality Codec available is H.264 (a.k.a. MPEG-4 Part 10) codec along with AAC for the audio. I've posted the settings I like to use when exporting QuickTime QVGA (320x240) H.264 movies in this article: Secret recipe for amazing image quality video downloads. Have fun!

Another option to consider for web video that is more universal than QuickTime is FLV (Flash 8) files, however, if you want to be Video iPod compatible, stick with QuickTime.

Both QuickTime/H.264 and Flash 8 movies require quite a bit of processing power for playback (decompression) so older machines will have trouble playing 30fps movies. That's one reason why I make most movies 15fps, in order to optimize for spatial quality over temportal quality.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite