fliipping footage 180 degrees? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old July 6th, 2007, 07:49 PM   #1
Regular Crew

fliipping footage 180 degrees?

I have a section of film that was shot sideways. Now I doubt it can be done, but is there a trick in premiere express so that this two minute section could be flipped 180 degrees?
Mark Yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 09:31 PM   #2
Inner Circle

"Sideways"? You mean that the camera was turned on its side, so the image is rotated NINETY DEGREES? If you flip it 180 degrees, it will still be sideways, just facing the other way.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Yes, that is correct, it would be ninety degrees, not one hundred and eighty.

I suspect digital frames are not square, so it would be impossible to do. But with the wonders of digital software?
Mark Yang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2007, 10:54 PM   #4
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Yang View Post
Yes, that is correct, it would be ninety degrees, not one hundred and eighty.

I suspect digital frames are not square, so it would be impossible to do. But with the wonders of digital software?
You can flip it 90, but assuming it's widescreen the sides will be black bars. You can enlarge it, but this clips a lot of the image and degrades image quality. I shot part of a music video of mine sideways and ended up using none of that footage. I think it's useless tilting the camera like that.
Old July 7th, 2007, 08:36 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I had heard about shooting sideways to get 720HD and did a test on it. I just captured the footage in an SD project and imported it into a 720p project, rotated it 90 degrees and it fit perfectly. But now that I have the XH-A1 I don't need to do that any more.

Here's a link to the video click on Play how we made it to view a walk through video.

http://www.kraentertainment.com/newhightechtest.html

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite