Sennhieser G2, long shoot how long will batteries last? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 27th, 2009, 09:00 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Sennhieser G2, long shoot how long will batteries last?

I have a six hour corporate shoot tomorrow morning, anyone know how long the batteries will last on the G2? I'm using Duracells.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:19 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Jeff,
regardless of whether I'm using my AT unit or Shure base units I have found the batteries will generally go at least 6 hours most of the time they will go for 8. NOW having said that, I've never had to do that. IOW, most of the seminars I have ever done there will be a break somewhere that you'll be able to change batteries. I ALWAYS keep a few extra right at the receiver if I using battery operated receivers and a few extras for the mics whether HH or LAV so I can be ready to make the quick change.
However in actual answer to your question, the set up should be able to go for 6 hours but kkep an eye (ear) on the signal you're getting just in case.
Old April 27th, 2009, 09:31 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks Don. I'll plan on changing batteries at lunch break. As you said, it is not 6 hours non-stop, so with the spares I'm taking I'll be fine, as long as I pay attention.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2009, 12:36 AM   #4
Major Player

I regularly go 8 hours straight in the G2 mics with regular coppertops. I have gone as long as 10, but sometimes they don't quite make it there so I try to change out at 8.

The G2 IEMs can die after 5, but thats cranked to max with heavy draw headphones. The earbuds at mid volume go 7 hours no sweat.

Not sure if the 100's have the same indicators for batt life, but the 500 series battery icon starts blinking about 30-45 minutes before they are completely gone. This is indicated on the receiver as well so no need to visit the transmitter to check batt status.

If you really need to, go with the lithium AA's. I have actually gone 20 hours straight on a sk500g2 with them. FWIW, a Dionic 90 camera brick will power two em500g2, one sr300g2iem and one ASP2 for about 6 hours.
Greg Bellotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2009, 04:45 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Thanks very much for the post Greg and the detailed info.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio