Best Wireless Microphone system Recomendation. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 8th, 2004, 11:01 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best Wireless Microphone system Recomendation.

I have a budget of $800 to get Wireless Lav microphones. for a film production.

I would like to know what is the best system to use. (I don't want any interferrence or static.)

What brands and models do you recomend
gerez@bellsouth.net

---
PC Based editor: Adobe Premier Pro, Canopus DV Storm Pro. SONY VX2000, Panasonic DVX100a

George Gerez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 07:34 PM   #2

George,
Given that this is a fairly common topic, you might want to search around some of the wireless posts for more input.
Audio Technica, Letrosonic, Sennheiser, Samson are all popular brands/tools. In that sort of budget, acquiring a UHF Diversity system won't be a problem at all.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2004, 10:01 PM   #3
Major Player

NO interference and NO static may be a tall order for Miami.

Obviously there are a lot of people using wireless in any major city... i.e. news crews, etc.

I'd recommend you get the best system you can afford. It cost me around $600 each for USED single band, non-diversity, VHF sets by Lectrosonics. So far I've never regretted it.

I've only had ONE ocassion where I was competing for a signal... and funny enough it was my LOCAL NEWS CHANNEL... I couldn't believe THEY were using VHF also... but hell, St. Louis 'aint exactly Chicago... or Miami for that matter.

My point is that 95% of the time the Lectros have been great... and the one time I had a problem it was from the news guys. (Funny thing is they probably had no idea it was me competing with them... my guy was lav mic-ed... they had to run a wire.)

Anyway I want to put up one vote for Lectro... but at your budget they'd have to be USED.

Anything over $400 or so should be ok within a short distance... as price goes up the odds of getting better audio at longer distance also goes up... no system short of a Zaxcom is infallible though...

Here is a chart you need to check before buying a system!

That link will show you how "full" Miami is.
Matt Gettemeier is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio