lavs for Zoom H2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old October 5th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #1
Inner Circle

lavs for Zoom H2

Hey,

I have had a few questions about this in the last year. "What lav can I put into a Zoom H2?" Hide the lav and recorder on the talent, shoot, sync the audio to the video in post.

Yesterday I was talking to people at Countryman about another mic matter. At the end of the conversation, I remembered the quest for a lav for the H2.

To my surprise, the E6/B6 and EMW mics can be plugged into the H2, but you only get audio on one track. In fact, if you try to bridge the input of the H2 to both inputs, you will suffer a 6 dB noise increase. One track may be enough for you.

Regards,

Ty Ford
Ty Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Yeah Ty, I tried that a while back with a Tram & B6 when someone on this forum inquired about it. Works fine, one just has to engage the plug-in (bias) power via the software menu on the H2.. It's switchable!
The H2 does have a mono setting .. well sort of, but does not actually create a single channel file, just combines the L+R together to both channels. It would probably be quieter to just take the Left channel and make that into a mono file into your favorite audio edit program or DAW.
That said, the ext. mic input on the H2 ain't exactly 'pristine' though.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio