All Things Audio -- topics from 2002 thru 2004 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Closed Thread

Old March 7th, 2003, 11:19 PM   #16
Wrangler

Chances are it will record to both channels without an adapter. However, sometimes I have noticed a little noise on some systems when you do this. Using a mono to stereo adapter would likely cure this problem. In post you can put the audio on both tracks if you like.

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Old March 10th, 2003, 07:41 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Azden WLX-PRO

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences with this wirless lavalier setup? If not any recommendations?
Old March 31st, 2003, 08:10 PM   #18
Trustee

Anyone have any sound files of a Sennheiser Evo100?

Hey all. I have my credit card in my hand almost ready to purchase the Evolution 100 as a lot of people seem to suggest them for the price bracket they are in. One thing though, is that I've never heard one in action, and unlikely to find a place where I can test one first. So I was wondering if anyone has any sound bites they can post where I can download and listen through some good headphones. Anything would help.

Cheers
Aaron
Old April 1st, 2003, 11:28 AM   #19
Wrangler

Its in Real if you like:

BikeSouth 2000 Rolls

The mic used was a Shure, but the rest of the gear was an ew112p.

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Old April 1st, 2003, 04:01 PM   #20
Trustee

Thanks Nathan, but do you have that sound as an .wav that hasn't gone through the mega compression of realplayer?

Cheers
Aaron
Old April 16th, 2003, 12:57 AM   #21
Regular Crew

DV Digital Audio Input

does anyone know how to connect digial audio device to DV camcorder (via either S/PDIF or AES/EBU)?

thanks in advance.
Old April 16th, 2003, 08:48 AM   #22
Major Player

Erik,
I don't know of any DV camcorders with S/PDIF or AES/EBU jacks on them. Assuming the device in question also has a line level output...this may be the only way to go.

Old April 16th, 2003, 11:10 AM   #23
Regular Crew

thx Casey,
I just wanted to feed digi audio from my apogee compact AD converter (Mini ME) which doesn have line level outputs. I used to feed audio directly from either mic preamp or PSX100 AD/DA converter. consumer portable MD recorder does even have digi input. digital audio input port should be added in DV camcorder or at least adapter should be available. just thought. ^-^
Old May 3rd, 2003, 08:58 PM   #24
Major Player

Wireless for PD150

Has anyone used trhe Samson UM32L350. It is supposedly a diversity UHF unit with 32 different switchable channels (maybe you can avoid interferance) I can get it with the Audio-technica MT350 for about $400.00us and has xlr connectors. Would it be better with a Sony ecm44 or a SamsonAT831? Anybody?

The reason I ask is that while I find it offered by B&H I cannot find any mention of it on the Samson web site.
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:15 AM   #25
Major Player

Sony 7506 ear pad replacement

Is it possible to replace the earpads on the Sony 7506? I have a pair that are about 9 years old and the pads are wasted.Has anyone done this if its possible?And can you only get the pads from sony? thanks for any info.
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:35 AM   #26

Give Coffey Sound a call at (888)293-3030. They can do this for you very affordably.
http://coffeysound.com

- don
CREATE and NETWORK with http://www.bosfcpug.org
and also http://fcpugnetwork.org
Old May 4th, 2003, 12:52 PM   #27
Major Player

thanks for the link Don! I will contact them.
Old May 5th, 2003, 05:15 AM   #28
Wrangler

Oddities with my new DVX100 and Sennheisser ME66/K6

This may not be an odditie at all....I just figured I'd ask. Until now I've been working with a GL-1 with a beachtek xlr adapter to utilize my Sennheisser ME66/K6. Once I got my DVX100 I was happy to ditch the heavy xlr adapter beings it has built in phantom powered xlr connections.

Once I connected the ME66/K6 to the DVX100 I almost immediatly noticed it's sensitivity. I mean that by way of distortion whenever the mic is moved quickly in any direction. Now I'm not talking about windnoise it's actually like a digital fluttering noise. For example, the mic is mounted on a Sennheisser shock-mount so if I, say, tap it with my finger to get it to shake whithin the confines of the rubberband'ish mounts, it produces a digital distortion flutter. I've also found that it mainly does it when the mike is moved quickly on a front to back axis and not side to side.

Granted I know mic movement/shock can cause distortion- thus the whole reason for the "shock-mount" in the first place. However I tested it on my GL-1 and couldn't get it to give me that same digital flutter noise no matter what I did- and with my DVX100 it seems all to often....even with the mic levels at a conservative setting. Heck I even heard it when I taped the tripod it was mounted to.

Does anyone know if this is normal. And if it IS, why doesn't it do it with my GL-1? Thanks!
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:32 AM   #29
Regular Crew

MKE 300 improvement

I read a thread which stated that Sennheiser would upgrade existing MKE 300 microphones for $15 with some sort of damping material. Does anyone know if this damping material is applied to new units? Is there a different part number or some serial number at which they cut in the change? If I purchase a new MKE 300 today, what would I get? and would I have to send it back in to get the upgrade performed?
Old May 7th, 2003, 01:11 PM   #30
Major Player

Recording crowd noise???

Hello, all. Quick question: What's the best way for me to record applause and regular croud noise? I'll have a Senheiser ME66 connected to the HHB Portadisc MiniDisc recorder. The crowd will be around 400 people in a school gym. Is there any way to get a decent recording of this with my setup? Or should I just try to foley in a sound effect in post?

Any advice would be great!

Thanks
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio