Fostex FR2 with a SD302 mixer? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old May 2nd, 2006, 07:47 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Fostex FR2 with a SD302 mixer?

I'm VERY new to sound recording!.....

Can I use/mate a sound devices 302 mixer with a Fostex FR2 field recorder? If so, how?

Thanks
Phil Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 08:51 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Sd302 ->fr2

The SD302 can have its outputs set at +4dbU - which is the input level the FR2 is expecting (or so it appears from the FR2's specs..).
I'd suggest that you download the manuals on each piece of gear and have a read. The SD302 manual is very helpful; I can't speak for the FR2, as I don't own one... but usually examples are given for setting up the equipment for different recording scenarios.
As you are new to sound recording, I can thoroughly recommend Jay Rose's books on audio for DV. Check them out on www.dplay.com .
Rgds, Ross.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio