DOF adapter & rail system... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 25th, 2009, 02:14 PM   #1
Major Player

DOF adapter & rail system...

I'd appreciate if someone could give me some help/pointers to find a good & fairly priced DOF setup for an XL-2. Anyone familiar with this DOF adapter & rail system: Cine DOF Adapter + Follow Focus + Rail System gear Free - eBay (item 350170015478 end time Mar-01-09 19:57:51 PST)

-- peer
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:04 PM   #2
Major Player

Looks like an M2 knock-off. They drop the term "industry standard" a few times, but I would be wary of build quality. The fact that it has vibrating glass is good, but how loud is the motor? How low is low with regards to light loss? Also, I wouldn't believe their adapter has the "best edge-to-edge sharpness in the industry" or "absolutely no vignetting" without being able to see it for myself.

Not saying it's not a good product or a good deal, just offering some things to consider before dropping that kind of cash on an off-brand on ebay.

HTHs,

Chris
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Check out this bad footage from their vimeo videos. http://www.vimeo.com/2425221 Shot in SD mode, even then I can still see bad chromatic abberation not to mention the vignetting in broad daylight. Some of the guys in india bought this and told me that it looses too many stops of light. They are buying from me now. Check out my blog page for my adapter products and rail support system. Also read the reviews here ProVideo Coalition.com: the EDITBLOG by Scott Simmons and here ProVideo Coalition.com: the EDITBLOG by Scott Simmons
Old February 25th, 2009, 08:56 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Tay View Post
Check out my blog page for my adapter products and rail support system.
Greg, since I just got an onboard central 12-volt power source for all my devices (lights, lavs, monitor, etc.) I wonder if it's possible to get your adapter in 12v instead of 9 volt?

-- peer

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods