4:4:4 10bit single CMOS HD project - Page 99 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Closed Thread

Old August 23rd, 2004, 08:42 AM   #1471
Trustee

BTW I have the case under control...as I have said we will be doing the desing in-house in CAD

Juan?
Old August 23rd, 2004, 08:44 AM   #1472
Trustee

News on the Altasense Steve N?
Old August 23rd, 2004, 10:30 AM   #1473
Obstreperous Rex

Fellows, please, let's keep everything cool and friendly around here. This is such a unique forum, just look at all the huge threads going on. There's an incredible amount of interest here and everything would go so much more smoothly if we keep it civil and professional. Please try to keep that in mind -- and no finger pointing please, it doesn't matter who started what, all that matters is that we all work together and get along as respectful and courteous people. Many thanks to all,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old August 23rd, 2004, 11:34 AM   #1474
Trustee

I agree..will do ;)

I got a really ANGRY email from Wayne ;(
Old August 23rd, 2004, 11:41 AM   #1475
Trustee

Chris please send me my post about Wayne that you deleted off the list. I have someone here that wants to read it after seeing what Wayne sent me in an email today
Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:50 PM   #1476
Trustee

Hey Obin, how much do you think it'll cost to machine a case?

As of right now I'm estimating around $1,500 with mill time costing from $50-$70/hr. ($70 is for a 5-axis mill).

I can do the Solidworks modeling myself (my brother :)
Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:59 PM   #1477
Trustee

I am not sure Jason..I will be doing a model in LightWave soon ..I just got an email from my programmer..says he has a beta for me to test later today! can't wait ;) I will let you know how it goes and send a screenshot
Old August 23rd, 2004, 01:14 PM   #1478
Trustee

BTW Obin,

are you planning any way to adjust the gains on the camera, i.e. the analog gains? How precisely can you set them (individual gains), and also how precisiely can you set the frame-rate?
Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:03 PM   #1479
Regular Crew

case

my roommate works in a machine shop. he built us a steadycam arm out of aluminum for free. maybe we could help?
Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:22 PM   #1480
Trustee

yes R G B gain and RGB MASTER GAIN and framerate from 1 60fps ( or whatever your hard disk can fly)

We will have white balance of the R G B analog gains so that we get as much color info as we can in the 10bit file
Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:47 PM   #1481
Trustee

Eric

what type of machines does your roommate have access to?
We would need a med-large machine to cut a case that would house all the electronics..I was going with molds but hey if you have access CNC is da bomb!
Old August 23rd, 2004, 09:04 PM   #1482
Regular Crew

Hey guys, i'm actually in the process of building a CNC mill for what its worth. I don't want to promise anything cause its not done yet but I would certainly be willing to put in whatever work I can. Oh yeah I have'nt forgotten about making the matte box either just had to post-pone it for awhile hopefully i will be fully on track in about 3 weeks.
Old August 24th, 2004, 06:40 AM   #1483
Regular Crew

they have a cnc machine. if you could send me some specs of what you were thinking of building, i could ask him if its possible.
Old August 24th, 2004, 06:57 AM   #1484
Silicon Imaging, Inc.

OK, this time I take a short vacation and there is a civilized amount of reading. I'll be gone for another two days.

Obin:
Thanks for answering some of my product questions.

Obin on Altasens:
We have our first color camera running. I haven't checked them but my boss is busy messing with it. Here is an example:

http://www.siliconimaging.com/Sample...0corrected.zip

Altasens is being slow in releasing parts - probably no cameras until late October. We will have the boards ready, housings ready and support from frame grabber companies lined up.

Wayne:
That EOS controller is very cool - I've been looking for them. A motorized zoom is about $2K and up for c mount. For less you can use the Canon lenses. Great selection of optics. And putting a shutter on it. I'll talk to engineering about putting an RS-232 port on our cameras for lens control. Thanks.

On the SI-3170:
We had a few cinematographers messing with it about 1.5 years ago but as ....someone.... said, with the new cameras out, it isn't worth it. It is now nice for the people who need 3.2Mpix at 30fps but doesn't compare with the 3300 and 1920 for HD.

Machining:
This is also very cool - we have progressed to building cameras here. If people want, I would be happy to set up a web page to completed projects using our cameras.

TTFN,
Steve
Old August 24th, 2004, 08:16 AM   #1485
Trustee

Steve how much better color saturation would you say the Altasense has over the 3300? could you do a side by side test for me/us to see?
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods