New moving ground glass mechanism - Page 17 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 17th, 2005, 08:54 AM   #241
Major Player

I can not upload clips over 2M on my site. In avi, that would be a very short time and it does not take them in avi. I will export something in avi on that free share thing. I'll post the link.
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:56 AM   #242
Major Player

http://rapidshare.de/files/903215/web_demo.avi.html
27Mb, 7?-8? seconds
Old March 17th, 2005, 10:03 PM   #243
Major Player

OK,...
200 readers from post to post, 14 downloads (less mine) and no comments. Does any of the 14 that saw the clip care to share impressions?
Old March 18th, 2005, 12:02 AM   #244
Major Player

Dan I checked it out. I see some camera shake, but that doesn't matter - i know it's a test. What does matter is that your footage looks great. If I had the money, I'd buy your thang.
Steev Dinkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2005, 12:20 AM   #245
Major Player

Thanks Steev,
If I'd had a "thang", I wouldn't sell it (whatever zeat is) lol...
...long day... I am pushed to do it for HD (Z1 and F900) others R saying "make a movie"..... to show what can be done.... I sink I'll make it for Z1 and shoot something ....(or someone....lol)....looong day........
Old March 18th, 2005, 12:26 AM   #246
Major Player

Heh. You know I mean no disrespect towards your device. I think it's the best thing around besides the P+S. Long day here too..

zzzzzzzzzzz
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:23 AM   #247
Major Player

I know Steev, I know....
if you (or anyone else reading/replying) would have half the fun I have on this great forum, you'd live ten years longer....... trust me on zeat.
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:50 AM   #248
Major Player

I think your Zeat is like my Voot. And this could signify the end of the thread. What more is there to say?

VOOT
Old March 18th, 2005, 02:22 PM   #249
Major Player

well...how about further comments on the sample clip? Obin? Les? Sarena? Frank? anyone? Still not good enough? Roughly 200 reader from post to post out of which only 23 have seen the clip. Are the others not interested? slow internet? If that is the case, what am I to expect...... But those that SAW the clip and do not care to share their impressions.......
oh well... you were right Steev.
Old March 18th, 2005, 02:30 PM   #250
New Boot

i have to say that i m most impressed by your footage than the "micro 35" ones from that "the ancien" film posted on the micro 35 forum.
the only thing that bother me is that vibrating sound haha.
But maybe one of the best "test" footage i ve seen for an adapter.
Jeremie Galan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2005, 04:20 PM   #251
Major Player

Dan, the clipped looked pretty good, but it's getting hard for me to evaluate WebCam resolution footage these days. :-)
You never responded to my concern about the image shifting laterally as the groundglass focusing screen moves. If you take any simple lens of any kind and form an image on a piece of paper, then move the lens sideways a little, the image on the paper moves as well. Perhaps you are only moving it a fraction of a millimeter, which doesn't blur the already blurry DV image? Your two megapixel image seem to be fairly sharp, however. Comments?

<<<-- Originally posted by Dan Diaconu : well...how about further comments on the sample clip? Obin? Les? Sarena? Frank? anyone? Still not good enough? Roughly 200 reader from post to post out of which only 23 have seen the clip. Are the others not interested? slow internet? If that is the case, what am I to expect...... But those that SAW the clip and do not care to share their impressions.......
oh well... you were right Steev. -->>>
Les Dit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2005, 05:09 PM   #252
Major Player

Thanks Jeremie, the sound is from on board camera mic and does not concern me for the purpose. When I will shoot something "for real" and NEED the sound, I will use a boom operator or wireless lavaliere. Otherwise, this whole contraption is an imaging device. With the GG static (without the buzz)I heard (at playback) the lens movement and other noises that are not available when shooting just video. Please note that some camcorders have AUX mic and have configured the mic mount as far and isolated from the camera body (and their tape moving mechanism is pretty damn quiet (but still!) What do you expect when a fly fights a spider?.....
Les. When did the Web Cam came to play? I used the same GS200 as always. If that was a joke, then :-)<
>>>If you take any simple lens of any kind and form an image on a piece of paper, then move the lens sideways a little, the image on the paper moves as well.<<<<
True.
But my lenses do not move sideway (relative to camcorder). They only go in and out as I roll focus. I am not shaking the lens Les!
As for the screen, if I was to move it 5 or 10mm or 50mm sideways, or even rotate it as a spinning CD, the image from the lens will still appear in the very same spot, relative to the SLR lens AND the camcorder's lens, so..... how much the screen moves, round or elliptical is not relevant. As long as the movement is PLANE, and the camcorder points to the back of the lens at all times nothing changes (except you see a motion blur of the grain instead of individual grains) How is your device coming together anyway?
Old March 18th, 2005, 05:26 PM   #253
Major Player

Dan,
Maybe I'm under the false impression that the focusing screen fresnel component is acting like a lens, specifically similar to a condenser lens. Isn't the type of focusing screen , you are using doing some kind of lens function? I didn't mean that you were moving the actual camera lens. Optically isn't the focusing screen like a condenser lens that is flat with a diffuser surface on one side? I guess that's the heart of the matter, optically speaking.
I'm joking when I say WebCam! I use the term loosely to describe WebCam resolution. (Regular SD resolution)

-Les
Les Dit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2005, 06:05 PM   #254
Major Player

>>>Optically isn't the focusing screen like a condenser lens that is flat with a diffuser surface on one side?<<<
Yes, that what it is.
I am moving on to HD for that's where the money is. PD, DVX....... gs... good enough but.. times are changing and so must we.
The SD market does not pay/need this quality (beyond hobby level). HD pro summer will get jobs available only for today's pro cameras due to increased quality and shrinking budgets. No-budget-indie-work is fun but still no-budget. No point in pursuing it (imo)
Old March 18th, 2005, 06:07 PM   #255
Major Player

Hey Dan, finally a full resolution clip! Very nice!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods