New moving ground glass mechanism - Page 27 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 4th, 2005, 01:33 AM   #391
Major Player

Thanks for the links and welcome aboard.
As near as I can figure... the prices are close for nearly the same quality...(no shortcuts there)
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:53 PM   #392
Major Player

So,.... the latest stills from footage I posted on my site are showing some activity (counter wise) but no feedback. Still unacceptable? Not even Felix ?(the cat) Colors not OK? Vigneting? Soft focus? (hair on Felix)?
hmmm.....I wonder....
could it be that..."if one can't say something nice, should not say anything at all" ???
yeah.... that's what it is!... I have to check the pictures again and delete the offenders!
Oh well...... One can't please everyone at all times (I guess).....
Obin? Sarena? Frank? Where did everybody go? (me want nano35)
Old May 5th, 2005, 07:06 AM   #393
Major Player

No one is posting? I think the whole "Work samples" folder is off topic, because I can't find any picture of a catapult.

Felix is some very sharp and absolutely perfect footage. Some guy here would say something like: YOU ARE THERE!!! BRAVO!!!

Album A CU is also very good.
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2005, 08:29 AM   #394
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Spier
No one is posting? I think the whole "Work samples" folder is off topic, because I can't find any picture of a catapult.

Felix is some very sharp and absolutely perfect footage. Some guy here would say something like: YOU ARE THERE!!! BRAVO!!!

Album A CU is also very good.
No one is posting... everyone is quietly thinking, how damn he did it ;-)

At the beginning there was an idea, then the ambition came and the idea became to be a dream... The Satisfied Dream => http://film.datriware.com
Daves Spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2005, 10:21 AM   #395
Major Player

Gents, thanks for your comments.
Now..I do not suppose anyone would give up the wonderfull "head-scratching-time" associated with groundbreaking teritiries?... hmmmm...theritorys? hmmm... lands! (yeah.. that's got to be it) and purchase the plans, would you? Derz a huge diff between my posts heer and my work.
Opposite spectrum. (if it wasn't for the results on the site and just by reading stuff on the net, I would have had a hard time believing that myself! lol) You must be registered on this forum to do zeat and must have contributed an answer or two on the subject. So..... hunting from the shadow does not work hear. As you can see, derz nothing to be sold anonimusly? ano... arghhh.... PRIVATE from my site and I do not plan to make a killing out of it. Is just help for those that need it and will have a very limited distribution. I am a real person with a real address, not a faceless POBOX (what I mean to say is that I am accountable for it) You must also sign a contract that the plans you will receive are for yourself and ONE UNIT ONLY will be built for your personal use. If you want to take it to the next level, we can make different arangements...
I need to see interest on the matter to move on. As a start, it will take 10 different comments (following this one) to post on line a short clip I have sent to P+S in Dec 2004 (now declassified) Is the movement I have made in the July-Aug last year. If you can make something out of it, good for you.
So.... der it is! does anyone wants any of it?
Old May 22nd, 2005, 05:28 PM   #396
Major Player

Best image I have seen yet on the LCD's of Z1/FX1:

http://dandiaconu.com/gallery/albums...0594.sized.jpg

http://dandiaconu.com/gallery/albums...0631.sized.jpg
Old May 22nd, 2005, 06:45 PM   #397
Trustee

Dan show me some footage shot with the sony hdv cam and your adaptor..I would LOVE to see some! also what is with your follow focus system? looks great..can I buy one for the micro35 I am building?
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2005, 07:06 PM   #398
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obin Olson
Dan show me some footage shot with the sony hdv cam and your adaptor
I have the tests on tape, I do not have the NLE and the Z1 now to import and so on.... and I am not sure about the whole process in Premiere Pro. I do not know anything else (Avid or FCP) What do you want me to do?
I can assure you of this: if it was not N E E D E D all I have done, I would look like an idiot to take the longest path ignoring the short cuts (or unable to spot them) FILM OUT is what I had in mind from the beginning and now, the image is as good as I have ever seen (and I have seen enough static and otherwise GG and Fresnel to tell the difference)

Last edited by Dan Diaconu; May 22nd, 2005 at 07:32 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 04:02 AM   #399
Major Player

"the image is as good as I have ever seen "

Dan, is not that I don't belive you or something.... but I'm curious to see some images.
I've downloaded hundreds of megabytes of clips since FX1/Z1 arrived. Now I'd be happy to download some other hundreds of megabaytes of images with the deadly combination you're talking about! :)
Z1 with your adapter!
Old May 24th, 2005, 07:42 AM   #400
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmin Rotaru
Now I'd be happy to download some other hundreds of megabaytes of images with the deadly combination you're talking about! :)
Z1 with your adapter!
And then what? Are you ready to spend real dough on a real thing?.....
I have the footage. Nothing spectacular, just a test. It shows an image as good as the best hi rez pics on my site. (footage though). Something like this:
http://dandiaconu.com/gallery/ALL-CLIP-TESTS/IMGA0287
Every frame is just the same as those. Is just a matter of import/compress.... I would be interested in geting some low light images (whatever can not be captured by means of ordinay GG) but that means some set up...It will come anyway...but I have other priorities for now.
Old May 25th, 2005, 09:46 PM   #401
Trustee

Dan I have to agree....we ALL want to see some HDV footage from your setup! if you can get on the net AND you have a firewire port on your PC then I am SURE you can get your hands on a demo copy of some HDV editing software and export us some footage ;)

what do you say? wana give it a try..? we are all waiting!

;)

BTW I have the dough..but I don't spend it without proof and working product samples ;)

forget FCP...try and get Sony Vegas video demo..that should do the trick for you
Old May 25th, 2005, 10:10 PM   #402
Major Player

Today, I was supposed to get (over night) a Z1 out for "da test". Unfortunately, both went out (on rental) :-P. It will come! Not today though. I still got some nice footage (as planned) but with the same GS (I will post some pics in one hour or so under "footage samples" on my site) Z1 is still "da best" footage generator (so far) the best "match" with MPIC. Did you see the Z1 "setup"? Sweeeeeeeeeeetest of them all. I have no intention to run "pretty-lil- myself" into trouble with Vegas and all those "beasts". Premiere Pro can do, PP has to do and will do. If you want to buy it, might as well send you the original tape and let YOU do da doity tricks.
Old May 26th, 2005, 08:34 AM   #403
Trustee

I do have PPro but I don't have a HDV deck...and I don't think I will ever buy one...I do have DVCPROHD deck that I could load from..but that is not going to work with HDV
Old May 26th, 2005, 10:10 AM   #404
Major Player

I know this is a little off topic, but Vegas is very friendly and very easy to use. In my opinion after using both, I am a bigger fan of Vegas then PPro.
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2005, 11:27 PM   #405
Major Player

I managed to gather some 45' of footage with MPIC and Z1. From now on, is up to Premiere P to show it..... wish me luck. I am working on it.
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods