Selling Mini35 400 Adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old October 7th, 2009, 05:22 AM   #1
New Boot

Selling Mini35 400 Adapter

@Chris Hurd
I'm sorry that i put a post like this on the site although it's not in the interest of dvinfo to post commercial messages.
But it turned out to be a real hard and time consuming problem to find people interested in such high tech and expensive equipment especially in small countries like Austria.
It would be great if you could let the post stay for just a few days for me to see if there is more interest in countries like e.g. the US, Canada and so on since im trying to sell the adapter for a year now.
Thanks for your understanding!

Hi everybody!

First things first. I don't want to offend anybody since this is not a site for selling and dealing with equipment. But to be honest, i dont know what to do anymore, so i'll give it a try, even at the risk of getting deleted or banned.

I'm trying to sell my Mini35 400 Kit for the XL-H1 for about a year on ebay and the like now.
The whole package is as good as new since we only did some tests but never really worked with the adapter in the field.

A friend of mine got a RED one about a year ago, so there is no need for the Mini35 anymore.
We were choosing the XL-H1 back then because of it's great "real pixel resolution" being closest to real HD. The viewfinder on the XL-H1 wasn't designed to do precise focus pulling so we also got a FU-1000 crt viewfinder to solve that problem. It works really well with this setup.

The viewfinder is also for sale, so it would be best if you already got a XL-H1 and want to get the so called "film look".

Since business is not running well for me, i'm located in Vienna/Austria(Europe) and it's really hard to get decent jobs in such a small country, i have to sell the adapter even though it makes me a little sad.

The Mini35 was about 8000€ with connection kit and acessories when i bought it.
I'm currently trying to sell it for 6000€ including a lot of accessories like PL Mount and grips.
The FU-1000 is 1000€.

Main Kit:
P+S mini 35mm 400 system List ca. 6500€

Accessories:
Canon XL adapter kit (with Lens optic) List ca. 1500€
Nikon mount front end List ca. 350€
PL mount front end List ca. 350€

Pair of rods for bridge plate, 19 mm, L=240 mm

Hand grip with START/STOP switch and cable
Side handgrip

I would use FedEx for shipping which costs about 200€ (including insurance) for e.g. America. Closer destinations (to Austria) may be cheaper. I would also prefere a trustee relationship company to ensure savety for both sides.

I'm not interested in giving for rent, i want to sell the equipment.

If anybody is interested i can send some images of the Mini35 and the FU-1000 i did with a Canon 20D.
I really don't know what to do anymore. If anybody knows good websites for trading with such things as 35mm adapters (except ebay) please tell me.
If you know anybody interested in such equipment don't hesitate to forward this posting.

I'll also put this post in the p+s technik section of this forum to get as many hits as possible. It's really hard to sell equipment like the Mini35 so im trying to reach as many people as possible.

Thanks a lot, and if anybody is interested, just contact me and i'll send pictures and details about the equipment.

Last edited by Chris Zinner; October 7th, 2009 at 07:08 AM.
Chris Zinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:47 AM   #2
Inner Circle

The solution is obvious. Lower the price. Find out what similar units sell for on ebay and price accordingly.The vdslr's haven't helped your cause.
Brian Luce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Chris.

Chris Hurd will likely advise you soon enough.

There is a for sale thread here on dvinfo, also one to link people to eBay items owners have listed. In meantime here is the classifieds thread :-

Private Classifieds - The Digital Video Information Network
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:50 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Sometimes I will allow Mini35 for sale ads outside of our Classifieds forum, but there is only one place they can go, and that's our P+S Technik board (they're the manufacturer of the Mini35).

Thread moved.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 13th, 2009, 08:12 AM   #5
New Boot

New Price on Mini35 400 package!

Hi everybody!

The Mini35 400 is still available!

I understand the critics on my pricing. Sure there are new technics available like DSLR video, and there are cheaper adapters then the Mini35 400.

But i would like to say that comparing a DSLR video shoot to working with the Mini35 400 is not really fair. Working with a high quality adapter and a decent hd video camera featuring a hires viewfinder, follow focus and recording to harddisks (firestore) is by far more professional and straight forward then DSLR video. Especially when working in a high quality studio environment where handling and mounting of the camera is as important as hi-res and film like image quality.

The Mini35 is still one of the best 35mm adapters existing. For professional videographers interested in high quality work it should still be the choice over DSLR's or cheaper adapters. This is my personal opinion backed up by a lot of collegues and customers.

Given the current situation i will reduce the price of the whole package.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Mini35 400 Package - NEW PRICE: 4950€ or $6995

FU1000 - with Mini35 400 Package: 995€ or $1400
- only: 1200€ or $1695

If anybody is interested i can send some images of the Mini35 and the FU-1000 i did with a Canon 20D.
If you know anybody interested in such equipment don't hesitate to forward this posting.

Thanks a lot, and if anybody is interested, just contact me and i'll send pictures and details about the equipment.
Chris Zinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I know your stuck on your price but you need to lower. I am selling my practically brand new Mini35C which was purchased for nearly $9,000 new for $4,500. It is at ZGC the US distributor where they have kindly cleaned it and given it a 100% bill of health. I have been trying to sell it for 4 months now and only 2 offers. I am losing a lot of money but the economy is down.....and I need to sell to pay the bills
Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 04:29 AM   #7
New Boot

Hi everybody!

The Mini35 400 is still available!

I've seen one on germany's ebay in the last days for 3399€ or $5017 WITHOUT relay lens which is about $1500!

Given the current situation i will reduce the price of the whole package (INCLUDING relay lens for Canon XL-H1).

Mini35 400 Package - NEW PRICE: 3390€ or $4950

FU1000 - with Mini35 400 Package: 895€ or $1320
- only: 1200€ or $1695

Thanks a lot, and if anybody is interested, just contact me and i'll send pictures and details of the equipment.
Chris Zinner is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods