DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Best Letus35+reel-stream footage ever (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/52402-best-letus35-reel-stream-footage-ever.html)

Obin Olson October 7th, 2005 04:33 PM

Best Letus35+reel-stream footage ever

it's going to take about 2 hours to upload, and it's using the bitjazz.com codec but this should be the best 35mmLetus reel-stream.com footage ever seen on the net...make sure you have the bitjazz.com codec installed to view, and the file is 148megs!

give it 2 hours to upload on our ftp

dv3productions.com/HD_dvx/Letus35_SHEERIVDEO.avi

let me know your thoughts! and don't harp on me for the "spot" in the image, it's only dirt on the glass ;)

Quyen Le October 7th, 2005 09:01 PM

Downloaded reader from bitjazz.com, installed but cannot view the file, any idea? thanks.

Quyen

Eric Gorski October 7th, 2005 09:15 PM

can't get it to play... sure its good though..

Dmitry Yun October 7th, 2005 11:06 PM

Would love to see the footage but says error with the codec installed. Is there a way you could post a different codec please?

Obin Olson October 7th, 2005 11:24 PM

it's AVI for PC and you MUST have the bitjazz.com free PLAYER codec installed to view...

www.bitjazz.com

this is as close to a RAW HD file as you will get, the sheer codec is used for DI work on lots of stuff. it's great

A.J. Briones October 7th, 2005 11:29 PM

hi obin, can you post an h264 version for us mac users?

Obin Olson October 7th, 2005 11:34 PM

fill me in on this H264 codec, why is it so great?

A.J. Briones October 7th, 2005 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obin Olson
fill me in on this H264 codec, why is it so great?

well, for one, i'll be able to see it. ;-P

apple uses it for their hd trailers.

more here: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/technologies/h264/

Wayne Kinney October 8th, 2005 01:49 AM

Obin,
Looks like noone can veiw your clip even after installing the codec.

I am confused however, the clip in an avi, to play in media player, right? But the codecs on bitjazz.com seem to be for quicktime player. i tried playing the file in quicktime also but no luck.

Please give more info about installing and what player to use, we are very interested.

Thanks,
Wayne.

Fredrik-Larsson October 8th, 2005 03:11 AM

Well, the free reader is the only thing I can figure out to download. And that doesn't install on a non english Windows XP. The manual installation only mention how to installl the plugin into Quicktime. It looks as it's only the beta that supports AVI or?

Michael Maier October 8th, 2005 04:09 AM

Can't get it to play either.

Glen Hurd October 8th, 2005 05:53 AM

Looks like a codec with lots of potential. Installs on Mac and PC. But can't play your movie after install. Maybe your encoding got screwed up (I can play the sheervideo stuff on their website OK).

I also just installed their encoder (20-day trial). My original file was 230 MB. After encoding with sheer, twice (2 different settings), it's now at 462 MB, and there's a huge gamma shift (not what I'd call "perfect" by any stretch.)

Quote:"Obin Olson: fill me in on this H264 codec, why is it so great?"

With H264, no visual change in picture, and file size went from 230 MB to 13 MB. Downside is, it takes a lot longer to compress. But that's because it does such a great job . . .

Glen

Obin Olson October 8th, 2005 11:20 AM

hmmm...well....h264 is mac only right?

Steven Fokkinga October 8th, 2005 11:55 AM

No, it comes with Quicktime 7, which is available on PC as well...

Can't get the sheervideo to play either... , but I would be interested to see it in a lossless codec, could you try to make a .mov in the sheervideo codec please?

Thnx, Steven

Obin Olson October 8th, 2005 11:57 AM

for the people that have installed the sheervideo codec, what happens when you try and play the file?