Another DIY adapter footage - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 9th, 2006, 02:52 AM   #31
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Roberts
. . . heres a short clip i did last week.
http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php...4d759af11d1caf

Nope .. it isn't downloading . . ?

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:18 AM   #32
Major Player

seems to be a bit slow to get through today but comes up ok.

Try again if you want, page seems to take about 20sec to show up

Jamie
Jamie Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:27 AM   #33
Old Boot

Quote:
seems to be a bit slow to get through today but comes up ok.

Try again if you want, page seems to take about 20sec to show up

Jamie

I can see the file "name" but apart from actually needing to sign-up - nope! - I can not see where to actually get at your file to d/l?

G
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:37 AM   #34
Major Player

when you get to the page with the file name. you will see a countdown while it 'generates free download links'. It then says 'click if you dont want a prenium download link'. click on that, and wait for the download to start
Jamie Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 05:44 AM   #35
Old Boot

Quote:
when you get to the page with the file name. you will see a countdown while it 'generates free download links'. It then says 'click if you dont want a prenium download link'. click on that, and wait for the download to start
Nope . . not happening .. G
Old April 9th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #36
Major Player

Graham, the download works fine, can you delete some of your posts to keep Ettore's thread clean, so in the future, others wont be confused by the repeated posts.
Forrest Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #37
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest Schultz
Graham, the download works fine, can you delete some of your posts to keep Ettore's thread clean, so in the future, others wont be confused by the repeated posts.
Forrest, this by asking an innocent question? I'd really like to see Jamie's work. He has tried to help me - thanks Jamie. How is this innocent question making things confusing?

So, Forrest, how are you downloading?

Jamie is there another place I can see your work?

Best regards

G
Old April 9th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #38
Major Player

no no, i dont mean its innappropriate, but this is Ettore's thread, and its about his nivea cream adapter, this is off topic conversation, and i wouldnt want other users to have to scan through trying to find where the topic left off. but now that i think of it, i dont even think its possible to delete posts. so now im stuck here to. oh well.
Forrest Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #39
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettore Giraldi

Nice job!

What strikes me as strange about this footage is that sometimes the plane of focus doesn't seem to be perpendicular to the camera. This is very pronounced from 1:10 to 1:12, for example. The plane of focus is deep enough that everything from the subject's shoulder to the far visible side of his hat are in focus, yet directly downard from here, everything is out of focus on his chest/front.

I would tend to think this is due to the lens you are using and not the adapter but when the DOF is very shallow it doesn't take much misalignment.

Good choice of song, by the way - Frou Frou is good stuff! :)
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2006, 09:30 AM   #40
Trustee

I think using the brush is not the best way to go, if you look at the Spalding basketball, you can see the striations from the brush. But a good experiment.

Quote:
Hi Forrest,

I do shoot in widescreen.

heres a short clip i did last week. excuse the vignetting, my error as i was focussing using an upside down TV and didnt notice it!!

http://www.filefactory.com/get/f.php...4d759af11d1caf

its only a small download (coupla mb) and is in wmv format but it gives you an idea of what im getting allthough still messing with lenses etc

jamie
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2006, 08:34 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Ettore: Do you have a photo of the slide-projector or achromat?
Old April 22nd, 2006, 04:21 AM   #42
New Boot

Hello guys
I'm writing a notebook text about all the things you said before my last post ( its takes a eternity :D)

Here's a larger new footage, dont look at the colors ( wrong setup colors 'in camera') 450 x 360 .Mov

http://www.artsmell.com/motion/test_0036.mov

I'm coming back

thanks
Ettore Giraldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2006, 04:56 AM   #43
New Boot

Thankiu guys for your attention!
so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Hibner
is this a static or dynamic design?
I'ts a Spinning plastic CD with Microwax cream on its surface

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Delaney
Do we have any pictures of the GG to see? I would love to see the steps with the nivea cream. Do you have to apply it evenly? Does it need to be wiped off with a scraper to make it level?
Hi, David... No I'm sorry for the pics, but its very very easy, 'to level' I meant wash it well to take off the particles... and than apply the cream, not too much, evenly, after with a soft paper or cotton try to polish it, like you do on your home floor, on the car etc.

Jamie I saw your videos, much better... but I still thinking you need an achromat... did you provide? is it coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Porter
Nice job!

What strikes me as strange about this footage is that sometimes the plane of focus doesn't seem to be perpendicular to the camera. This is very pronounced from 1:10 to 1:12, for example. The plane of focus is deep enough that everything from the subject's shoulder to the far visible side of his hat are in focus, yet directly downard from here, everything is out of focus on his chest/front.

I would tend to think this is due to the lens you are using and not the adapter but when the DOF is very shallow it doesn't take much misalignment.

Good choice of song, by the way - Frou Frou is good stuff! :)
Thank you, yes youre right, my dof box the ugliest thing in the world! :D ...the GG is tilted, and vibration its like a earthquake, the slr lens maybe helps to that strange dof.... Frankestein!
Oh, my God, the music I thought was "Imogen Heap"! but I like frou-frou too ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Jakobsson
Ettore: Do you have a photo of the slide-projector or achromat?
Carl, first of all, congratulation for you website, i like its design and contents.

its a simple doublet achromat, with two cemented pieces, can shot photos now because its glued inside metal rings, maybe it will be there forever :) ... its like this one here:
Achromat Photo

thanks
Ettore Giraldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2006, 06:17 AM   #44
Regular Crew

Thanks! The site is in swedish but I guess it's quite fun to look at anyway...

One more question, you wrote "ancient slide projector". Is it like one of those;
http://images.tradera.com/951/31601951_1.jpg
http://images.tradera.com/723/22401723_1.jpg
http://images.tradera.com/273/31848273_1.jpg

They all look quite ancient IMO... :) There are a lot of second hand stores around and I'm thinking of buying one. It would be faster, easier and cheaper than buying an achromat online. Your adapter seems to work great and gives exactly the kind of picture I want. I'm so glad you're willing to share your recipe.

Also, what are the specs of the PCX? Did you buy it online?
Old April 22nd, 2006, 09:17 AM   #45
New Boot

Carl, here is a picture with some pieces of My Slide Projector model, as you can see its a jurassic type, yours is far better than this, if they do not cost a lot...
I think all these projectors have inside both lens, Achromat and Pcx, mine have two Pcx and two Achromat (one with two pieces cemented together and one Air-Spaced ) don't ask me why! :)

This site, in Germany, sells Optosigma products (Laser2000.de) I dont know the prices, I'm afraid they're expensive...maybe that old machines (they usually have very good lenses) from Tradera.com are more economic then one single good Achromat lens
Ettore Giraldi is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods