DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   My new 35mm adapter (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/71022-my-new-35mm-adapter.html)

Boica Zsolt July 7th, 2006 08:48 AM

My new 35mm adapter

2 Attachment(s)
Hy. I'm not posting so mutch on this forum, but watching it every day and learn. Now I'm finishing my 35mm adapter. I have my GG from a great friend that I met on MSN. If he wants I will tell his name, but not for now. My adapter is based on the vibrating concept. For a vibrating motor I use disc motor, that is realy great, powerfull and quite. These pictures were taken 3 weeks ago (I think :) ).
This weekend I will assemble it and will post pictures of it.

I will make a follow focus too. I have all the parts, but for now my priority is the adapter. Pleas comment :)

Ben Winter July 7th, 2006 11:18 AM

Looks like your GG has a lot of striations and markings on it. You might find it difficult to 'vibrate them away' if you will. For a vibrating adapter there has to be very little static grain to begin with for the image to be acceptable.

Wayne Kinney July 7th, 2006 11:28 AM

Yes yes, its me, im the great friend!!! HEHE..ok ill shut up...

Yeah, i think once you replace it with the GG i sent you, you will be good to go.

Tim Johnson July 7th, 2006 12:33 PM

thats one compact 35mm adapter! if the glass is from wayne, cant wait to see the results!

Boica Zsolt July 10th, 2006 01:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK. I'm back again. Yes the GG is from Wayne Kinney, and now I thank him for helping me out. He is a gentleman :)
THANK YOU WAYNE FOR THE GG.

That GG on the picture was made of a plastic CD, and grinded with glass paper. The grinding is so rough, that even vibrating, the striations were visible. After I talked with Wayne he offered me two GG's.

It was so that in this weekend I will put the new GG in place, but I had to videotape a wedding. I tested Wayne's GG and its superb.

On this picture of the adapter is one part of the follow focus. As soon as the adapter is ready to go I will assemble that too. Thanks to DVInfo I have all the information I need to make a good FF.

Thank you all for the comments. Thank you Wayne for the BIGGEST help, and footage will be up as soon as I finish the adapter.

Jim Lafferty July 10th, 2006 01:43 PM

This is a nice looking piece of a equipment -- now you just need to get it in gun metal or matte black :)

As an aside -- Wayne, if you're looking in I PM'd you recently -- did you receive it?

Wayne Kinney July 10th, 2006 02:16 PM

Hi Jim,

Sorry i did not get it. dvinfo does not seem to send emails to me. If you could PM me via dvxuser or email info@sgpro.co.uk that would be great.

Carl Jakobsson July 10th, 2006 04:58 PM

Boica: Do you have any more pictures of the virating part? Did you use the "syringe"-method that was used in the prototypes in Letus35 or do you have another solution?

Boica Zsolt July 11th, 2006 12:05 AM

Hy Carl. I will post other pictures, as soon as I'm starting to assemble it further. I did not use siringe parts, I have other solution :D. I made those parts out of the inner part of a pen. Sound stupid but its true. I will post pictures with it too, but only tomorrow, because I'm at work now.

Carl Jakobsson July 11th, 2006 11:47 AM

Inner parts of a pen... Might it be the ink-"tube" inside a ballpoint pen? I'm really curious... :)

Boica Zsolt July 12th, 2006 04:59 AM

Yes Carl exactly. Excuse me for my bad english. Sorry that I did not write but my stupid boss took away my internet for some reason, but now hes gone somewhere, and I talked to the IT Manager to let me in till I go home. :D

Forrest Schultz July 15th, 2006 09:11 PM

workin' hard or hardly workin'.

Boica Zsolt July 18th, 2006 02:34 AM

New vibrating plate and GG

1 Attachment(s)
So I'm back with my adaptor. In the weekend I managed to change the vibrating plate and the GG that Wayne gave me. Hope I will have time this week to assemble the rest of the adapter, but now I'm editing a wedding, and dont have time.

Here is a picture of the replaced GG and vibrating plate, with the disc motor atached.

Boica Zsolt July 20th, 2006 12:50 AM

Test footage

Hy everyone. Yesterday I made a little test with the new GG from Wayne. The footage is a bit shaky because the adapter was handheld. Those black bars on the sides are there because the adapter is not yet made.

Here is the link: http://media.putfile.com/DOF-Test

Wayne Kinney July 20th, 2006 04:12 AM

Congrats.

Now to finish off the housing and connection to camcorder