Brevis for FX1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 12th, 2007, 02:09 AM   #1
Trustee

Brevis for FX1

I tried contacting Brevis but no response from them. What exactly do I need to get in order to start shooting? Any fello FX1ers here to advise? Thanks!
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 04:42 AM   #2
New Boot

Hi Sean,

http://www.cinevate.com/catalog

You need to buy Brevis HD Imaging Bundle first. There are the imaging adapter, charger, 72mm achromat and the imaging element in this set. When it comes to the imaging element, you should choose CF1L for optimal performance. It's a new product and it lowers the vignetting when you use big lenses.

Then you will select the lens mount. (Ex. If you want to use Nikon lenses, you'll choose Nikon lens mount.) I'm using Nikon primes and I think they are very good.

Brevis HD Imaging Bundle and a lens will be enough for you to use it with a Sony FX1.

For more information and lens suggestions, you can check out Cinevate forum, on http://www.cinevate.com/phpBB2.

Good Luck ;)
Ozan.
Ozan Karakoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2007, 02:39 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I know there was some talk of needing a small spacer they sell at Cinevate, do allow a bit better zoom focus capability. I am shooting the FX1 but with a Letus. It is very similar to Brevis, and I actually have the Cinevate achromat that comes with the package, and I am guessing one of the extension tubes will help get inside any vignetting. They sell fairly cheap at Cinevate, so you may want to consider.
Old May 13th, 2007, 11:48 AM   #4
Trustee

Thanks guys.. I'll work with the HD bundle first.. no budget for the rest!
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:02 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah View Post
I tried contacting Brevis but no response from them. What exactly do I need to get in order to start shooting? Any fello FX1ers here to advise? Thanks!
I emailed them last week, and have not heard a response from them either. If this is how they treat potential new customers, I'm very weary of dealing with them in the future. How reliable a company is this?
Ian Holb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:51 AM   #6
Regular Crew

If you want a faster response from Dennis Wood at Cinevate, sign up for the message board and send him a PM. There's also a lot of information already on the message board. In the near future, there will be a person dedicated to communications.

From my experience, they're 100% reliable. The adaptability is one of the features that sold me - you can change the mount and the imaging element. Existing customers get discounts on new products & upgrades. Repairs are VERY fast (within a week). And, no, I don't work for Cinevate. ;)
Jon Wolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 09:34 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Wolding View Post
If you want a faster response from Dennis Wood at Cinevate, sign up for the message board and send him a PM. There's also a lot of information already on the message board. In the near future, there will be a person dedicated to communications.

From my experience, they're 100% reliable. The adaptability is one of the features that sold me - you can change the mount and the imaging element. Existing customers get discounts on new products & upgrades. Repairs are VERY fast (within a week). And, no, I don't work for Cinevate. ;)
I concur. Dennis is enormously busy working on designs for newer products, and I've never had an issue with him delivering on a product or not getting back to me.
Old May 18th, 2007, 06:20 AM   #8
Trustee

ok, he got back to me n I took the plunge already!
Old May 31st, 2007, 02:34 PM   #9
Major Player

Sean

you'll have a great time with the FX and a 35mm adapter. It's amazing how an adapter can take the Sony cameras known for their very "video" image and turn it into beautiful film look - here's a clip with the Z1 by a film student in argentina that I'm just amazed by how filmic it looks.

http://www.redrockmicro.com/footage/Z1U/quiroga.mov

Cheers

Brian
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2007, 09:28 PM   #10
Major Player

Guys, thanks for pitching in to help :-) Sean, as you have your adapter already, you've probably already established this...but the FX1 and ZR1 are happiest when our 72mm spacer ring is used. This gives you the extra zoom flexibility required with these two cameras. With the V1U, it's not required.

Until we bring in some experienced and professional help on the front end (days away if all goes well!), we're focussing on providing timely support via our forum and it's very reliable messaging system.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 01:15 PM   #11
Trustee

Brian,

I have to say that is one fine looking fine with the M2. Excellent job.
David Delaney is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods