View Full Version : What is a fair price for a GL2?

Alex Sprinkle
September 11th, 2007, 07:11 PM
(Intro posted on XL1s board, too): I'm looking into a few HD cameras right now, but before I can buy one, I have to get rid of my Xl1s and GL2. But from what I've heard, there's no kbb.com for cameras. How do I know how much to ask for the GL2?

Is there any way to check the hours on the GL2? I know you can't on the XL, but I'm unaware on the GL. I've checked on ebay, and I'm seeing them list with a 'buy it now' price of about "$1800" ... no one is buying that now, though. I've kept great care of this camera, sending her off to Canon every year (for routine cleaning, not because anything went wrong).

I also have the Wide angle and fish eye lens, the hard case, 3 main filters (UV, FL, and Polar) ... I just need it all to go. I love them dearly, but I can't move forward if I can't pay for the trip.

Benjamin Hill
September 11th, 2007, 09:55 PM
See what they are selling for on places eBay. Watch a few items and see where they end up. You can also look at recently ended items to get an idea.

GL2 is a great camera but all video gear depreciates, it's a fact of life, especially now that our cameras are essentially computer peripherals and every maker is doing HD. If you get 60%-75% of what you paid for it I would feel good about that, especially if you used it for business.

Mark Holland
September 13th, 2007, 02:14 PM
I don't remember how right now, but there is a way to look at what actually sold on ebay. If I were selling my GL-2, I'd start there to get an idea of it's true value, then I'd modify up or down as needed. But, if I were selling my GL-2, I'd start with a listing on this site. Who better to appreciate the worth of used camera gear? (BTW, I'm kinda, sorta looking at another GL-2, if you listed it here, I'd get a chance to read all about it, without having to deal with the ebay clutter.)

:-)

Cheers!

Mark