What is a fair price for a GL2? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old September 11th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #1
Major Player

What is a fair price for a GL2?

(Intro posted on XL1s board, too): I'm looking into a few HD cameras right now, but before I can buy one, I have to get rid of my Xl1s and GL2. But from what I've heard, there's no kbb.com for cameras. How do I know how much to ask for the GL2?

Is there any way to check the hours on the GL2? I know you can't on the XL, but I'm unaware on the GL. I've checked on ebay, and I'm seeing them list with a 'buy it now' price of about "$1800" ... no one is buying that now, though. I've kept great care of this camera, sending her off to Canon every year (for routine cleaning, not because anything went wrong).

I also have the Wide angle and fish eye lens, the hard case, 3 main filters (UV, FL, and Polar) ... I just need it all to go. I love them dearly, but I can't move forward if I can't pay for the trip.
Alex Sprinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 09:55 PM   #2
Major Player

See what they are selling for on places eBay. Watch a few items and see where they end up. You can also look at recently ended items to get an idea.

GL2 is a great camera but all video gear depreciates, it's a fact of life, especially now that our cameras are essentially computer peripherals and every maker is doing HD. If you get 60%-75% of what you paid for it I would feel good about that, especially if you used it for business.
Old September 13th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #3
Major Player

Location: Central North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, & surrounding areas)
GL-2 resale value...

I don't remember how right now, but there is a way to look at what actually sold on ebay. If I were selling my GL-2, I'd start there to get an idea of it's true value, then I'd modify up or down as needed. But, if I were selling my GL-2, I'd start with a listing on this site. Who better to appreciate the worth of used camera gear? (BTW, I'm kinda, sorta looking at another GL-2, if you listed it here, I'd get a chance to read all about it, without having to deal with the ebay clutter.)

:-)

Cheers!

Mark

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders