View Full Version : WD-58 Lens Cap Stowing

Roland Barth
November 20th, 2003, 01:42 PM
I keep my WD-58 converter on my GL2 most of the time, and I'm worried that I might loose the lense cap one of these days. I stick it in my pocket while filming. Has anyone found a good way to keep it attached to the body while filming, so it does not bang around and make noise?
Thanks.

Graham Bernard
November 20th, 2003, 02:48 PM
If you are talking about the "original" lens cap, and not the plactic lens cap of the WD58, then just look on the reverse side of the cap. You'll see a nifty clip. Just slide this ove the first loop of the velcro hand grip strap. Easy! - Ah, another technical issue sorted out . . . ;-)

Grazie . . .

Ken Tanaka
November 20th, 2003, 04:17 PM
That WD-58 cap has no clip. I prefer the pocket-with-flap method myself. There are generic lens cap cords available from most photo shops that enable you to tie one end to your hand strap and stick the other to the cap via an adhesive.

Roland Barth
November 20th, 2003, 06:42 PM
I am more woried about the cap getting a bit larger-- after much use -- and falling off when on the lens. No problem with my pants pocket; I use the "cargo" type pants.
If there were more free surface on the GL2, I'd find a place to glue on a patch of Velcro, and on the cap as well. But extra space is hard to find on the GL2.
Thanks for your esponses anyhow.

George Saunders
November 21st, 2003, 07:37 PM
I had the same problem and finally lost my WD-58 lens cap. Any ideas on where I can get a new one? B&H wasn't much help.