WD-58 Lens Cap Stowing at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old November 20th, 2003, 01:42 PM   #1
Regular Crew

WD-58 Lens Cap Stowing

I keep my WD-58 converter on my GL2 most of the time, and I'm worried that I might loose the lense cap one of these days. I stick it in my pocket while filming. Has anyone found a good way to keep it attached to the body while filming, so it does not bang around and make noise?
Thanks.
Roland Barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2003, 02:48 PM   #2
Old Boot

Easy!

If you are talking about the "original" lens cap, and not the plactic lens cap of the WD58, then just look on the reverse side of the cap. You'll see a nifty clip. Just slide this ove the first loop of the velcro hand grip strap. Easy! - Ah, another technical issue sorted out . . . ;-)

Grazie . . .
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2003, 04:17 PM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

That WD-58 cap has no clip. I prefer the pocket-with-flap method myself. There are generic lens cap cords available from most photo shops that enable you to tie one end to your hand strap and stick the other to the cap via an adhesive.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2003, 06:42 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I am more woried about the cap getting a bit larger-- after much use -- and falling off when on the lens. No problem with my pants pocket; I use the "cargo" type pants.
If there were more free surface on the GL2, I'd find a place to glue on a patch of Velcro, and on the cap as well. But extra space is hard to find on the GL2.
Thanks for your esponses anyhow.
Roland Barth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2003, 07:37 PM   #5
New Boot

Lost it

I had the same problem and finally lost my WD-58 lens cap. Any ideas on where I can get a new one? B&H wasn't much help.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders