View Full Version : USB connectivity with GL2, how?

Adam Sayovitz
December 7th, 2003, 02:52 AM
I have canon zoombrowser but I can't use it to transfer images from or to the camera. Can someone please tell me how to transfer to the card?

Trond Saetre
December 7th, 2003, 03:52 AM
Have you installed the device driver for your camcorder?

You can also copy/move the pictures to and from the camera using windows explorer. Your camera will show up like a removable disk.

I have not been able to copy pictures to the camera if I rename or edit the pictures.

Steve Olds
December 7th, 2003, 09:18 AM
I know this may not be the answer you want BUT... I bought a jump drive ( card reader) for $20.00 that is USB and I just install the sd card and plug the drive into the USB port. NO! camera no wires no nothing. And I think that the photos download faster this way also. This is the easy way for me to do the download.

Steve

Chris Hurd
December 7th, 2003, 09:38 AM
I agree that the *best* way to move stills to your computer from the SD card is through a USB card reader, usually about $20 and available anywhere.

Rebecca Condon
March 9th, 2004, 12:21 PM
I just wanted to add another voice to the chorus of GL2 owners whose USB is not recognized by a Windows XP PC.

I have photos on the SD card that I want to transfer to my PC--the PC does not recognize the camera or card AT ALL. I searched the forum and tried every suggested way to fix it. (ie right click install of the .inf, deleting oem, various ordering of switches, updating drivers etc...)

Still no go. So as it has also been suggested I am picking up a card reader today. However insignificant it is still annoying to have something like that not work.

Steve Olds
March 10th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I think the manual said not to run it through a router/splitter and if it is a USB was a add on it may not work either. It should be a USB port that came with the computer new from windows. Better yet someone may want to read for them self.