USB connectivity with GL2, how? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old December 7th, 2003, 02:52 AM   #1
New Boot

USB connectivity with GL2, how?

I have canon zoombrowser but I can't use it to transfer images from or to the camera. Can someone please tell me how to transfer to the card?
Old December 7th, 2003, 03:52 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Have you installed the device driver for your camcorder?

You can also copy/move the pictures to and from the camera using windows explorer. Your camera will show up like a removable disk.

I have not been able to copy pictures to the camera if I rename or edit the pictures.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2003, 09:18 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I know this may not be the answer you want BUT... I bought a jump drive ( card reader) for $20.00 that is USB and I just install the sd card and plug the drive into the USB port. NO! camera no wires no nothing. And I think that the photos download faster this way also. This is the easy way for me to do the download.

Steve
Steve Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2003, 09:38 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

I agree that the *best* way to move stills to your computer from the SD card is through a USB card reader, usually about $20 and available anywhere.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2004, 12:21 PM   #5
New Boot

I just wanted to add another voice to the chorus of GL2 owners whose USB is not recognized by a Windows XP PC.

I have photos on the SD card that I want to transfer to my PC--the PC does not recognize the camera or card AT ALL. I searched the forum and tried every suggested way to fix it. (ie right click install of the .inf, deleting oem, various ordering of switches, updating drivers etc...)

Still no go. So as it has also been suggested I am picking up a card reader today. However insignificant it is still annoying to have something like that not work.
Rebecca Condon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2004, 05:00 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I think the manual said not to run it through a router/splitter and if it is a USB was a add on it may not work either. It should be a USB port that came with the computer new from windows. Better yet someone may want to read for them self.
Steve Olds is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders