View Full Version : Wanting to know (just curious) -- spooky audio question

Frank Granovski
March 29th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Is there such a zoom stereo mic that is so sensitive that you can hear dead people talk during playback? I would have posted this on the other forum but I suspected it would have been moved here anyway, or nuked. :-))

I already know which cam can shoot dead people, I just got to know which mic to compliment it .

Dave Frank
April 1st, 2004, 07:08 PM
LOL

Patricia Kim
April 4th, 2004, 02:32 PM
??? I thought that's what this "phantom power" stuff you all talk about was supposed to do???

Michael Summers
April 4th, 2004, 07:34 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha

Gints Klimanis
April 4th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Frank,

Such audio is not out of the range of a good condenser microphone, but you will have to purchase a heterodyning oscillator to shift the frequencies to the range of your camcorder, which maxes out at 48000 Hz. I've heard that people are using the new high defininition audio at 192 KHz without the external oscillator for such purposes, which is presumably the reason for the drive for the new 4x sampling frequencies.

Also, shotguns mics have large notches in their frequency response. So, you will have to identify your source and use close-miking, or at least a wireless transmitter. Buy one with a true diversity receiver so that you can record different types of voices.

Frank Granovski
April 6th, 2004, 03:11 AM
Re: "I already know which cam can shoot dead people." Is no one curious about which cam? Okay, since you asked, it's the DVC30. I'm sure of it. :-))