View Full Version : Locking Focus?

Tom Johnston
April 27th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Could someone please explain to me how to lock the focus, once it is completely in focus... also locking other settings, such as shutter speed, apeture, and gain? Thank you for your time.

Robin Davies-Rollinson
April 27th, 2005, 12:54 AM
You have the choice of Manual or Auto focus on your camera. You can either choose to zoom in to the subject in Auto and let the camera focus and then switch to Manual, or stay in Manual and set the focus yourself. In Manual, it will always stay the same, ie. "locked."
Make sure however that you only set the focus when fully zoomed in, since this camera will not hold focus over the whole traverse of the zoom if you don't (don't zoom in a bit and focus - it won't be sharp if you zoom in further.)
As for the other settings, once you are in Manual mode and you've set your exposure etc via the knurled ring, it will stay locked - until you switch off the camera, then they will revert to default.

Robin

Patrick Pike
April 27th, 2005, 09:28 AM
To take it a step further, is it possible to change the way the GL@ resets its settting to default if the camera turns off? I film a lot of live events and like to set all of my cameras up (exposure, shutter speed, gain) before the event so they all match. But if they turn off, auto off, they will reset.

Any fix? (besides disabling auto off)

Robert Crawford
April 27th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I'm pretty sure nothing resets if you put the camera in "standby" mode.