View Full Version : Share Issues FCP7.0.1

Ryan McBride
December 23rd, 2009, 12:42 AM
I keep getting failures in Compressor when I try to use the share or send to compressor function within Final Cut. When I export a self contained Quicktime movie and import it into Compressor it works. Im just trying to compress using the standard hi quality 90 min. DVD setting. Once I get these failures I cant quit final cut without using the force quit function, Compressor seems to quit fine. I get a msg saying you cannot quit final cut pro while rendering a job, but there isnt anything rendering. I have tried short clips and long full sequences. I have also tried various export formats. When I tried to use the Youtube preset I got a Share Failure msg. I also get a "cant preview movie" because final cut is too busy msg in Compressor after these failures. Is this a Snow Leopard, Final Cut or loose nut behind the wheel issue?

Mathieu Ghekiere
December 23rd, 2009, 08:09 AM
It's a Final Cut bug, because I recently switched to Snow Leopard, but had the problem in Leopard too.

It seems to work if you choose Share and then: This Computer.
But using a cluster or sending to Compressor seems to give problems. It's a shame it doesn't work with clusters. You would think that after such a small FCS 3 Update, where they seemed to promote it with 'under the hood' changes like Snow Leopard itself, they could have new features work like advertised.
Ow, and 64-bit of course, but that's another complaint for another thread.

Ryan McBride
December 23rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty sure I tried using my quick cluster and the my computer selection with the share function. I will double check when I'm home. Wonder why there is so much hype on this new share function within Final Cut when Its not working.