Share Issues FCP7.0.1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 23rd, 2009, 12:42 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Share Issues FCP7.0.1

I keep getting failures in Compressor when I try to use the share or send to compressor function within Final Cut. When I export a self contained Quicktime movie and import it into Compressor it works. Im just trying to compress using the standard hi quality 90 min. DVD setting. Once I get these failures I cant quit final cut without using the force quit function, Compressor seems to quit fine. I get a msg saying you cannot quit final cut pro while rendering a job, but there isnt anything rendering. I have tried short clips and long full sequences. I have also tried various export formats. When I tried to use the Youtube preset I got a Share Failure msg. I also get a "cant preview movie" because final cut is too busy msg in Compressor after these failures. Is this a Snow Leopard, Final Cut or loose nut behind the wheel issue?
Ryan McBride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:09 AM   #2
Inner Circle

It's a Final Cut bug, because I recently switched to Snow Leopard, but had the problem in Leopard too.

It seems to work if you choose Share and then: This Computer.
But using a cluster or sending to Compressor seems to give problems. It's a shame it doesn't work with clusters. You would think that after such a small FCS 3 Update, where they seemed to promote it with 'under the hood' changes like Snow Leopard itself, they could have new features work like advertised.
Ow, and 64-bit of course, but that's another complaint for another thread.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 12:01 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm pretty sure I tried using my quick cluster and the my computer selection with the share function. I will double check when I'm home. Wonder why there is so much hype on this new share function within Final Cut when Its not working.
Ryan McBride is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite