View Full Version : HDR-HC9 no video display

John Cash
August 4th, 2010, 08:33 AM
I have a 2 year old HDR-HC9 . i took it out Sunday to view some footage and when I hit play, I got timecode counting down, but nothing but a blue screen on the LCD. Closed the LCD and nothing but blue screen in the viewfinder. Hooked up the HDMI cable to my TV and the same thing. Blue screen.
Luckily I have the 3 year warrnaty from B&H . I called and shipped it out yesterday.

Anyone else have this issue before?

Anthony Mozora
August 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM
try to clean the head , i have it once but after I did a head cleaning everything was ok

Chris Soucy
August 5th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Do a search on "blue screen" here on DVinfo, there's no end of stories about it, it seems to be a perrenial problem with HDV recording.

Answer to the questtion: Not a clue.

CS

Adam Gold
August 5th, 2010, 10:11 AM
You're sure you didn't lend it to someone who could have changed the VCR HDV/DV setting? If someone changed it to DV and you shot HDV -- or vice versa -- you'd get the blue screen.

John Cash
August 5th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Yeah Adam, thats what I thought first and checked that. But no one has used it except me . The last thing I did was capture via firewire and it worked fine. Should have tried to clean the head though. Its on its way to the B and H repair service ( third party contractor)

What im amazing is I actually registered the camera and 2 years and one month later I still have a warranty. They told me if they cant fix it I will get 100% of my purchase price back

Adam Gold
August 5th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Good to know you're covered. Please circle back when this is done and let us know how it all resolved.

John Cash
September 28th, 2010, 08:12 AM
Finally got my camera shipped out and it has returned. Nothing wrong but a good head cleaning and adjustment of guides. All is well.