HDR-HC9 no video display at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series

Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series
Sony's latest single-CMOS additions to their HDV camcorder line.

Old August 4th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #1
Major Player

HDR-HC9 no video display

I have a 2 year old HDR-HC9 . i took it out Sunday to view some footage and when I hit play, I got timecode counting down, but nothing but a blue screen on the LCD. Closed the LCD and nothing but blue screen in the viewfinder. Hooked up the HDMI cable to my TV and the same thing. Blue screen.
Luckily I have the 3 year warrnaty from B&H . I called and shipped it out yesterday.

Anyone else have this issue before?
John Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4th, 2010, 02:42 PM   #2
Regular Crew

try to clean the head , i have it once but after I did a head cleaning everything was ok
Anthony Mozora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 03:20 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Hi.......

Do a search on "blue screen" here on DVinfo, there's no end of stories about it, it seems to be a perrenial problem with HDV recording.

Answer to the questtion: Not a clue.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 10:11 AM   #4
Inner Circle

You're sure you didn't lend it to someone who could have changed the VCR HDV/DV setting? If someone changed it to DV and you shot HDV -- or vice versa -- you'd get the blue screen.
Old August 5th, 2010, 04:19 PM   #5
Major Player

Yeah Adam, thats what I thought first and checked that. But no one has used it except me . The last thing I did was capture via firewire and it worked fine. Should have tried to clean the head though. Its on its way to the B and H repair service ( third party contractor)

What im amazing is I actually registered the camera and 2 years and one month later I still have a warranty. They told me if they cant fix it I will get 100% of my purchase price back
John Cash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2010, 05:12 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Good to know you're covered. Please circle back when this is done and let us know how it all resolved.
Old September 28th, 2010, 08:12 AM   #7
Major Player

Finally got my camera shipped out and it has returned. Nothing wrong but a good head cleaning and adjustment of guides. All is well.
John Cash is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Sony XAVC / XDCAM / NXCAM / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Sony HDV and DV Camera Systems > Sony HVR-A1 and HDR-HC Series