View Full Version : The DV Challenge #19 - Sign Up Now!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Lorinda Norton
September 24th, 2010, 03:31 PM

For those who have never competed in the DV Challenge, you'll be given a theme on Thursday, Oct. 14. Get out there and shoot your film, have it uploaded on YouTube or Vimeo and a link sent to thedvchallenge@gmail.com by midnight on Oct. 24. You'll get friendly, valuable feedback from other DV info members and get to vote on the winner. It's that simple. For more details have a look at The DV Challenge: * How It Works (http://thedvchallenge.blogspot.com/search/label/*%20How%20It%20Works)

You'll be competing for top prizes from Guy Cochran at DVeStore (http://www.dvestore.com), plus bragging rights to all your friends. And who knows...this could be your start in something big!

Sign up here, then join us on Facebook and Twitter! For FB search for The DV Challenge; for Twitter give your username here and we'll connect. And then spread the word so others can become members of DV Info and get in on the fun!

Robert Martens
September 24th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah, why not? I'll try this one.

Incidentally, is this actually number nineteen? In organizing and refreshing my collection of DVC videos, I noticed something odd, and double checking the forum archives showed me it wasn't just my directory structure. As things played out, the order of the last six contests is

DVC 14
DVC/UWOL 1 (labeled DVC 15)
DVC 16
DVC 17
DVC/UWOL 2 (no DVC number)
DVC 18

and now, of course, number 19. Marking the second collaboration as DVC number seventeen and a half solves the problem from my end, but out of curiosity, is there an official word on what to call that particular competition?

Lorinda Norton
September 24th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Ha ha! Yes, Robert, we kind of messed that up, didn't we. I like what you called the charity challenge so let's go with that (and 17.5). And we'll try to get it right this December. :)

Ben Robbins
September 24th, 2010, 05:18 PM
I'll see if I can get something together by myself. Hopefully Cole can get in on this challenge while in France.

Craig Yates
September 24th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Count me in! :)

Chris Barcellos
September 24th, 2010, 06:28 PM
I will join you..

Mitchell Stookey
September 24th, 2010, 06:43 PM
I'm in! By the time the DVC's come back I am always CRAVING them so badly!

Andrew Hood
September 24th, 2010, 10:26 PM
I'm in also - will be busy the first few days with a short film, but shooting for that should wrap about the 19th

Andris Krastins
September 24th, 2010, 11:23 PM
I'll give it a try, but I've got another film to finish until oct.20 and I'm going abroad on 21st, so I'll see what I can do in the moments between.

Matt Portwood
September 25th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I will give this a try! I have silently watched these unfold before and wanted to participate only afraid to do so. This time I'm jumpin in!

Lorinda Norton
September 25th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Good to see all you guys! This is going to be fun. Hope everything works out for those of you with tight schedules.
I'm in! By the time the DVC's come back I am always CRAVING them so badly!
Just what we love to read, Mitchell!

I will give this a try! I have silently watched these unfold before and wanted to participate only afraid to do so. This time I'm jumpin in!
Way to go, Matt! I was really afraid my first time, but then my friends and I had so much fun we got hooked.

Marc Burleigh
September 25th, 2010, 10:47 AM
This I'm looking forward to. After two aborted attempts to get on the DVC roster in the past, I reckon this is the one where the stars will align, work assignments will ebb and the Merlot will flow in sufficient abundance to allow me to meet the (DV) challenge. A 10-day project in October? Perfect!

Count me in.

Royston Coppenger
September 25th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Sign me up!

Kevin Railsback
September 25th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Okey dokes, I'll probably end up in the shark tank/wall of shame but I'll throw my hat in the ring and give it a go.

Aaron Fay
September 25th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Trying to line up a crew...stoked!

Dick Mays
September 26th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Miracles would have to happen for me to make this one. But hoping for one soon...

Bruce Foreman
September 26th, 2010, 11:33 AM
I need one of these...

...BADLY!

Count me in.

Ahh, I notice I am a "trustee" now. Does that mean I can go outside the fence?

Clint Harmon
September 26th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I will participate as well. Out of every challenge that has come up, I have only been on the wall of shame once. I hope not to make this a second. But I do hope to make this my second win :)

Lorinda Norton
September 26th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Ha ha! Oh yeah? Well, we've got some newcomers, some veterans/past winners and some darn fine filmmakers who are ready to give you a run for your money, Clint. :)

For those who haven't signed up yet--get in the game, challenge these guys and yourselves!

p.s. Dick...we've seen miracles before. Bruce, I'm not sure you should be allowed outside the fence just yet. :)

Dylan Couper
September 26th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Count me in!

Tom Majeski
September 26th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I'll give it a go. Only to challenge myself as I'm sure to be blown away by the rest.

Jeremy Doyle
September 27th, 2010, 01:14 PM
just got done shooting a feature, next up editing of that, but I'll try to squeeze in some time for the DV challenge. Count me in!

Vikram D'Mello
September 27th, 2010, 03:05 PM
I'll give it a go as well.

Thank you - Vikram D'Mello.

Roger Rosales
September 27th, 2010, 03:54 PM
I'm in. I think.

Kris Holodak
September 27th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Bummer. I am on the road that entire week. Sigh. Have fun everyone.

Jay Kavi
September 27th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I need to get off the damn wall of shame so sign me up!

Shawn Legg
September 29th, 2010, 01:41 AM
Count me in, it will be my first!

Michael Wisniewski
September 29th, 2010, 02:01 AM
I need to get off the damn wall of shame so sign me up!Me too, sign me up!

James Huenergardt
September 29th, 2010, 08:05 AM
I guess it won't hurt to sign up.

Cole Seidl
September 29th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Well, I'm currently roaming europe... but I do have my T2i with me. So hopefully I can crank something out.

So... Yes. I shall say I'm in.

Bill Thesken
September 30th, 2010, 02:12 AM
I'll give it a shot.

Jon-Paul Stracco
September 30th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Lost at one of these contests badly back in '07, but back in the ring to take another swing I go. It's fun!

Henry Williams
October 3rd, 2010, 05:35 PM
Should be fun. Really looking foward to it :)

Nick Hiltgen
October 4th, 2010, 07:40 AM
I'm in I need the practice.

Timothy White
October 7th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I guess I'll give it a try. :) Not sure how I'll do, but... :p

Dave Luda
October 8th, 2010, 02:24 PM
I'm in :) Good Luck everyone!!

Lorinda Norton
October 9th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I'm getting excited for this thing to start! Several days left to sign up--so if you're sitting on the fence about it, jump off and get in the game now. Though all the DVCs are fun I have a feeling this one is going to be absolutely electrifying! But it's up to you guys--you have to sign up and then you have to deliver. So...come on in! :)

Joseph Tran
October 10th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Greetings, all! Good to see everyone here on the boards again! I believe I'm finally gonna be home from the road (after all this time!) by then, and if all goes according to plan, I'd love to join in the festivities.

So sign me up, please!

Lorinda Norton
October 10th, 2010, 05:17 PM
See??? ELECTRIFYING!! Great to see you, Joseph -- three-time DVC champion!

Oooohhhhh.....we are going to have a blast this round....

Mugurel Dragusin
October 11th, 2010, 05:53 AM
I am in as well, assuming there is going to be a real, actual theme this time.

Bill Thesken
October 11th, 2010, 02:43 PM
this one is going to be absolutely electrifying! :)

Hmm, looking for clues here, the challenge will be 'Electrifying', and will be judged right before Halloween...
Linking by free association:
Halloween, electrifying, Frankenstein's Monster, shocking, it's alive it's alive!

Aw, I'll just have to wait till Thursday...

Dan Frantz
October 11th, 2010, 05:02 PM
I'd love to give this a shot, count me in!

Lorinda Norton
October 11th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Hmm, looking for clues here, the challenge will be 'Electrifying', and will be judged right before Halloween...
Linking by free association:
Halloween, electrifying, Frankenstein's Monster, shocking, it's alive it's alive!

Aw, I'll just have to wait till Thursday...

Rather than try to spell the standard reply I'll post a link to it. If you want to see/hear mine you have to watch at least until 1:34. ;)

YouTube - Wicked Laughs.mov (http://youtu.be/fZMKr70Ur6k)

Welcome, Dan!

Kevin McRoberts
October 12th, 2010, 10:53 PM
I'd like to give it a try. whee!

Alex Chamberlain
October 13th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Wall of shame, here I come. . .

Harry Simpson
October 13th, 2010, 07:32 AM
So there's a Wall of Shame eh.....sounds like there's room here ;-) I don't know the scope of this but I'd like to get my feet wet and dry them off on the wall....hehehehe

Lorinda Norton
October 13th, 2010, 09:37 AM
I'd like to get my feet wet and dry them off on the wall....hehehehe
I'll take that as "sign me up and I'm submitting a film no matter what," Harry. :) Which reminds me...I'm in.

One more day!!! Dylan has a great theme all cooked up and ready to serve so if you're still thinking about it, come on in!

Kevin Nelson
October 13th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Please include me - thx.

Shaun Roemich
October 13th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Completion or wall of shame... I'll throw my hat in. Again.

Third time lucky?

Dave Luda
October 14th, 2010, 06:38 AM
time is a wastin on the East Coast! I need a theme :)