View Full Version : AVCHD Timecode

Dave Partington
October 31st, 2012, 04:04 AM
I've been using Clipwrap on and off for a couple of years, but since Premiere Pro CS6 has problems with spanned clips I've mostly used it to take AVCHD and create ProRes files instead.

I have two feature requests :)

1) Ability to create ProRes 422 with 32 bit float audio so that Premiere Pro doesn't need to conform the audio.

2) Ability to take the AVCHD creation date and add it as a Quicktime timecode track automatically for each clip. All the cameras we use have timecode except one - which happens to be the AVCHD camera. We like to sort the source material in to chronological order, but when the timecode is all 00:00:00:00 this isn't possible. We don't need it frame accurate, but having the time code set to the same as the creation time would be awesome.

Any chance? I'd even buy another copy if this were there :)

Colin McFadden
October 31st, 2012, 07:34 AM
I'll do some experimentation on the float audio question. We probably wouldn't add a toggle, since most users wouldn't know what it meant, but we may be able to make that the default without any negative implications.

The timecode question is something we discuss from time to time internally, it's probably due to be reevaluated.

Thanks for the thoughts!

-Colin

Dave Partington
November 1st, 2012, 03:58 AM
Thanks Colin. Both options would save hours on every project. Multiply this by lots of projects and you are in to days and days!

While the conforming is a PITA, it does happen automatically and just takes 'time'.

Having to work through potentially 100 or more clips manually adding time code just to we can sort things in to chronological order is a major time sync.... especially if something could do it automatically. It works very well in FCPX (sort by creation time/date) but alas FCPX is still not ready for use (for us) due to the audio side of things. Maybe next rev ;)

Anything you can do to add these features would be AWESOME!