AVCHD Timecode at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap

divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap
The official support forums for divergent media's ScopeBox (video monitoring and recorder) and ClipWrap (m2t to .mov re-wrap).

Old October 31st, 2012, 04:04 AM   #1
Trustee

AVCHD Timecode

I've been using Clipwrap on and off for a couple of years, but since Premiere Pro CS6 has problems with spanned clips I've mostly used it to take AVCHD and create ProRes files instead.

I have two feature requests :)

1) Ability to create ProRes 422 with 32 bit float audio so that Premiere Pro doesn't need to conform the audio.

2) Ability to take the AVCHD creation date and add it as a Quicktime timecode track automatically for each clip. All the cameras we use have timecode except one - which happens to be the AVCHD camera. We like to sort the source material in to chronological order, but when the timecode is all 00:00:00:00 this isn't possible. We don't need it frame accurate, but having the time code set to the same as the creation time would be awesome.

Any chance? I'd even buy another copy if this were there :)
Old October 31st, 2012, 07:34 AM   #2
Sponsor: divergent media

Re: AVCHD Timecode

I'll do some experimentation on the float audio question. We probably wouldn't add a toggle, since most users wouldn't know what it meant, but we may be able to make that the default without any negative implications.

The timecode question is something we discuss from time to time internally, it's probably due to be reevaluated.

Thanks for the thoughts!

-Colin
Old November 1st, 2012, 03:58 AM   #3
Trustee

Re: AVCHD Timecode

Thanks Colin. Both options would save hours on every project. Multiply this by lots of projects and you are in to days and days!

While the conforming is a PITA, it does happen automatically and just takes 'time'.

Having to work through potentially 100 or more clips manually adding time code just to we can sort things in to chronological order is a major time sync.... especially if something could do it automatically. It works very well in FCPX (sort by creation time/date) but alas FCPX is still not ready for use (for us) due to the audio side of things. Maybe next rev ;)

Anything you can do to add these features would be AWESOME!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > divergent media ScopeBox and ClipWrap