View Full Version : RAW 2 CF RAW Now in Version 1.001

Chris Barcellos
November 6th, 2013, 06:32 PM
I have been in contact with Alex at PrimeHD.com, and have downloaded his conversion GUI program for converting from various Raw formats to Cineform Raw. After to unsuccessful funding attempts, Alex will be looking at different ways to get the word out on this program.

Essentially, this is a process you can apparently do with do from command prompts if you are so inclined, but Alex has simplified it for us tech challenged putting it into a gui.

What makes this different from GOPro Studio is that it will also sync the sound track. To take advantage of that, you need to load VirtualDub and tell the program where it is located.

After a fix for 1.0 that corrected a bug, this program is up and working converted my Black Magic Cinema files flawlessly right off my SSD card. No waiting for transfers !

Currently it is single file at a time, but he has plans to continue development as follows:

- Batch operation: planned
- MOV with sound merge: planned
- Custom Time Code: currently in the works, should be released soon

Take a look at things here and contact him directly if you would like to try out the program. He has been issuing links for short trials.

RAW 2 CF RAW quickly converts your raw frames to real-time video RAW, with audio merge. (http://PrimeHD.com/raw-to-cineform)

Charles W. Hull
November 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Interesting; I've backed off from 5D RAW because of the post processing hassle. This could really help. What is your experience with noise? And with dynamic range?

Chris Barcellos
November 6th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Cineform provides a good way of handling raw files in my opinion. It appears to me to preserve all the range of your original material, and I don't see difference in noise. You end up with a file about 1/6 the size of the individual DNGs but preserve all of the color correction capabilities and dynamic range. And if you are in the habit of using Cineform, the process remains the same after transcode.

Chris Barcellos
November 19th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Alex at PrimeHD is working on a new version of his Raw 2 Cineform Raw program, which will provide batch processing of Raw folders to Cineform raw. An alpha version is currently in test with a release planned for December - January. To me, the batch processing should make this program a complete solution to raw processing.

Please support it here at Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/primehd/raw-to-video-raw-converter-raw-2-cf-raw-batch-edit

Barlow Elton
December 6th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

Haven't heard if Studio Premium can convert Sony FS700 4K Raw from the Sony recorder. I am shooting with this combo this weekend and wondered if I upgrade to S.P. --can I convert the raw Sony files to CF 4K, hopefully with some metadata?

Thanks for any reply

Chris Barcellos
December 6th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Don't know. This might deserve a thread of its own or direct contact with Cineform/GoPro people.