View Full Version : Edius users?

Dan Gunn
November 21st, 2017, 09:13 AM
Any Edius editors in Atlanta? I am always looking to network. Don't be embarrassed that you use Edius....own up to it! Just look at all the pitiful FCP editors....they don't even have a closet.
I am at Edius 8 Workgroup and considering Edius 9 Workgroup. Don't know if it is worth $400.00.

If there are enough Edius editors in the northeast GA area, it would be great to start a users group!

I know I have an insulting sense of humor but PM me anyway.

Justin Kuhn
November 23rd, 2017, 12:47 AM
I use Premiere but I am in Atlanta so I figured I'd respond despite your humor ;)

Noa Put
November 23rd, 2017, 04:00 AM
I am at Edius 8 Workgroup and considering Edius 9 Workgroup. Don't know if it is worth $400.00.

Depends if you need a HDR workflow or if you are using a 1950x threadripper, edius 9 uses multiple cores a lot better when encoding, I have quite large performance gains when rendering out HD or 4K files so for me that alone was worth the investment. Not sure yet if edius 9 also benefits intel cpu users as I have not seen any confirmation about that.

The most anticipated feature for me in 9 is automatic audio syncing which I have seen mentioned to be added in the future, this was also mentioned when 8 came out but they unfortunately never got to that.

Paul Mailath
November 25th, 2017, 10:17 PM
automatic audio syncing - really?? I'm still using Edius 6.5 & pluraleyes for syncing and then editing in 7.5 - I'd be over to 9 in a flash if it had good audio sync - haven't seen if FCP has it and premiere sync is crap

Noa Put
November 26th, 2017, 03:01 AM
indeed: https://www.edius.shop/new_in_edius.html
It's listed at the bottom of that article under planned improvements/updates and says: "a function for synchronizing clips via audio (for multicam editing)"
Not clear though if that is for camerafiles only and maybe not for seperate audiofiles? We"ll have to wait and see.