View Full Version : Sensor Cleaning solution help - GH5

Vishal Jadhav
December 7th, 2017, 12:45 AM
Hi All,

i have used in previous times especially the GH4 and the canon sensors the "eyelead" cleaning stick. The GH5 has a moving sensor due to the iBIS and i am petrified to clean it with the eyelead. Since i do not have any service centre of Panasonic in my city wanted help from you guys on advice of any other solutions to clean the sensor of the GH5
Appreciate your help.

Robert John
December 8th, 2017, 10:13 PM
I use the Eyelead on my GH5 and never had a problem

Bruce Foreman
December 11th, 2017, 12:41 AM
Here's a product that is very effective and least likely to damage the sensor. Watch his instructional videos on this page and remember to turn your GH5 ON! (this tries to hold the sensor in place).

SensorSweep Sensor Cleaner (http://petergregg.com/sensorsweep.html)

Remember...Have the camera turned ON so the sensor shift holds the sensor in position. With the power OFF, the sensor is loose and will shift around with the Sensorsweep or swab, or whatever you are trying to use. And I definitely would not use the Eyelead on a sensor shift IBIS camera. It is too adhesive and you will run some risk of doing damage to the sensor.

Vishal Jadhav
December 11th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Thanks

The Eyelead left some marks on the sensor glass is what i see, so i guess i would need a wet sensor cleaner to wipe that out.