Sensor Cleaning solution help - GH5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series

Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series
4K and AVCHD on a Full Frame or Micro Four Thirds system with interchangeable lenses.

Old December 7th, 2017, 12:45 AM   #1
Major Player

Sensor Cleaning solution help - GH5

Hi All,

i have used in previous times especially the GH4 and the canon sensors the "eyelead" cleaning stick. The GH5 has a moving sensor due to the iBIS and i am petrified to clean it with the eyelead. Since i do not have any service centre of Panasonic in my city wanted help from you guys on advice of any other solutions to clean the sensor of the GH5
Appreciate your help.
Old December 8th, 2017, 10:13 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Sensor Cleaning solution help - GH5

I use the Eyelead on my GH5 and never had a problem
Robert John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 12:41 AM   #3
Trustee

Here's a product that is very effective and least likely to damage the sensor. Watch his instructional videos on this page and remember to turn your GH5 ON! (this tries to hold the sensor in place).

SensorSweep Sensor Cleaner

Remember...Have the camera turned ON so the sensor shift holds the sensor in position. With the power OFF, the sensor is loose and will shift around with the Sensorsweep or swab, or whatever you are trying to use. And I definitely would not use the Eyelead on a sensor shift IBIS camera. It is too adhesive and you will run some risk of doing damage to the sensor.

Last edited by Bruce Foreman; December 11th, 2017 at 01:15 AM.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2017, 09:40 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks

The Eyelead left some marks on the sensor glass is what i see, so i guess i would need a wet sensor cleaner to wipe that out.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Panasonic P2HD / AVCCAM / AVCHD / DV Camera Systems > Panasonic LUMIX S / G / GF / GH / GX Series