View Full Version : GL2 "Remove Casette" Error fixed yet?

Jim Corley
April 22nd, 2006, 01:33 AM
I am seriously considering purchasing a Canon GL2 in the next couple of months, but after reading all of the persistent problems with the "Remove Casette" error, I am having second thoughts and wondering if I should go with the Sony VX2100?

Thanks,
Jim

Mathieu Ghekiere
April 23rd, 2006, 08:00 PM
Although I believe the GL2 is really a great camera, the Remove Cassette Eror problem DOES exist, although I wouldn't say this is a valid reason not to buy one.

And Sony does make good products. If you're shooting weddings, their cameras are the best (low light of PD and VX cameras are the best).
If you want to make narrative film however, you should look more into the Canon and Panasonic's...

Jim, it would be better if you would tell us what you're planning to shoot with the camera. Then it's easier to give advice.

Jim Corley
April 23rd, 2006, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I do plan on shooting weddings initially but eventually plan to move into shooting short films and/or documentaries. Thanks again for your help.

Jim

Mathieu Ghekiere
April 24th, 2006, 05:20 AM
For weddings the Sony's are the best cameras (VX and PD - series) and for short films the Canon would be a bit better, I think.
Normally I would say: check both out and look which one feels best for you, but these are a bit older cams, hard to test out in the store...