GL2 "Remove Casette" Error fixed yet? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon GL2, GL1 and PAL versions XM2, XM1.

Old April 22nd, 2006, 01:33 AM   #1
New Boot

GL2 "Remove Casette" Error fixed yet?

I am seriously considering purchasing a Canon GL2 in the next couple of months, but after reading all of the persistent problems with the "Remove Casette" error, I am having second thoughts and wondering if I should go with the Sony VX2100?

Thanks,
Jim
Jim Corley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 08:00 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Although I believe the GL2 is really a great camera, the Remove Cassette Eror problem DOES exist, although I wouldn't say this is a valid reason not to buy one.

And Sony does make good products. If you're shooting weddings, their cameras are the best (low light of PD and VX cameras are the best).
If you want to make narrative film however, you should look more into the Canon and Panasonic's...

Jim, it would be better if you would tell us what you're planning to shoot with the camera. Then it's easier to give advice.
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 10:36 PM   #3
New Boot

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I do plan on shooting weddings initially but eventually plan to move into shooting short films and/or documentaries. Thanks again for your help.

Jim
Jim Corley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2006, 05:20 AM   #4
Inner Circle

For weddings the Sony's are the best cameras (VX and PD - series) and for short films the Canon would be a bit better, I think.
Normally I would say: check both out and look which one feels best for you, but these are a bit older cams, hard to test out in the store...
Mathieu Ghekiere is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon GL Series DV Camcorders