View Full Version : What are Google and Apple up to?

Boyd Ostroff
September 18th, 2006, 06:55 PM
http://www.forbes.com/2006/09/18/google-apple-ipod-tech-media-cx_rr_0918apple.html?partner=yahootix

Mayer didn't say a word to the press, and she didn't appear on stage with Jobs. But Mayer's appearance at an Apple event would be big news under normal circumstances: She is one of Google's highest-profile executives, and doesn't need to travel from the company's Mountain View headquarters to get an update on new iPods.

Dave Perry
September 18th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Interesting article Boyd.

I've also heard rumors of Apple and Google working together to revamp .Mac. Google Calendars already allow importing of iCal files.

Nate Schmidt
September 18th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Isn't one of the top Google execs on Apple's board of directors?

Paulo Teixeira
September 18th, 2006, 08:51 PM
I’m no fan of big corporations merging but I find this particular relationship as a big plus. A big part of the reason for the cooperation is because of the video downloading that both services offer but there is a lot more to it than that that I’d rather not discuss and its not like I have insider information or anything like that, its just that about one to two months ago I thought about how it would be wonderful if Apple, Google and Amazon were to somehow merge or at least help each other. Its just looks like Apple and Google has the same idea that I have although I can’t be too sure but I truly hope they do.

Boyd Ostroff
September 18th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I’m no fan of big corporations merging but I find this particular relationship as a big plus.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that there's going to be an Apple-Google merger; that would be pretty far fetched. But it sounds like they are exploring ways to cooperate for their mutual benefit.

Now if anyone was going to merge, it would be on Apple and Disney. But then, I suppose there isn't a big need for that since Jobs is already in a position to get whatever he wants from Disney. :-)

Paulo Teixeira
September 18th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I shouldn’t have used the word merging to begin with in my post because that was over exaggerating the situation.

Still, this cooperation is something I am very excited about.

J. Stephen McDonald
September 19th, 2006, 03:31 AM
I shouldn’t have used the word merging to begin with in my post because that was over exaggerating the situation.

Still, this cooperation is something I am very excited about.

And to balance this discussion out, let me say that I don't give a fig about any acts of misgeny these two outfits might commit.