What are Google and Apple up to? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old September 18th, 2006, 06:55 PM   #1
Wrangler

What are Google and Apple up to?

http://www.forbes.com/2006/09/18/goo...rtner=yahootix

Quote:
Mayer didn't say a word to the press, and she didn't appear on stage with Jobs. But Mayer's appearance at an Apple event would be big news under normal circumstances: She is one of Google's highest-profile executives, and doesn't need to travel from the company's Mountain View headquarters to get an update on new iPods.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #2
Major Player

Interesting article Boyd.

I've also heard rumors of Apple and Google working together to revamp .Mac. Google Calendars already allow importing of iCal files.
Old September 18th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #3
Major Player

Isn't one of the top Google execs on Apple's board of directors?
Old September 18th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #4
Trustee

I’m no fan of big corporations merging but I find this particular relationship as a big plus. A big part of the reason for the cooperation is because of the video downloading that both services offer but there is a lot more to it than that that I’d rather not discuss and its not like I have insider information or anything like that, its just that about one to two months ago I thought about how it would be wonderful if Apple, Google and Amazon were to somehow merge or at least help each other. Its just looks like Apple and Google has the same idea that I have although I can’t be too sure but I truly hope they do.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2006, 09:06 PM   #5
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira
I’m no fan of big corporations merging but I find this particular relationship as a big plus.
I don't think anyone is suggesting that there's going to be an Apple-Google merger; that would be pretty far fetched. But it sounds like they are exploring ways to cooperate for their mutual benefit.

Now if anyone was going to merge, it would be on Apple and Disney. But then, I suppose there isn't a big need for that since Jobs is already in a position to get whatever he wants from Disney. :-)
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #6
Trustee

I shouldn’t have used the word merging to begin with in my post because that was over exaggerating the situation.

Still, this cooperation is something I am very excited about.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 03:31 AM   #7
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo Teixeira
I shouldn’t have used the word merging to begin with in my post because that was over exaggerating the situation.

Still, this cooperation is something I am very excited about.
And to balance this discussion out, let me say that I don't give a fig about any acts of misgeny these two outfits might commit.
J. Stephen McDonald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51