View Full Version : FCP 5.1.2 and realtime editing

Stephen Stuart
October 9th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Hello everyone,

I've updated my FCP to run FCP 5.1.2 which should let me capture and edit my HDV footage from my GY-hd100 in final cut natively...correct? but for some reason I can not get the clips that i capture playback in realtime within my sequence. The canvas window says that the footage is unrendered. ...now, the new update said it should run natively...is there a difference between running natively and being able to edit real time? what does "native support" mean? and what does "real time editing" mean? I am new to the forum, but I am very passionate and don't plan on going anywhere! Any help will be much appreciated!

thanks,

_stephen.stuart

Nate Weaver
October 9th, 2006, 09:18 PM
There should be an Easy Setup for 720p24 HDV. Try that, then toss your existing sequence and make a new one.

Stephen Stuart
October 9th, 2006, 09:22 PM
i love you, awsome! thanks a million!

Dave Beaty
October 15th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Another quick way to check footage format against sequence format is to switch to list view in the browser and look at the format and frame rate columns of both clip and sequence. They both should be the same. 1280 x 720..and same frames per sec. I often get messed up when a sequence is created before I choose easy set up. Like when opening a new project, the first sequence is created by default in the last easy set up you used.
Dave Beaty