Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old October 9th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #1
Tourist

FCP 5.1.2 and realtime editing

Hello everyone,

I've updated my FCP to run FCP 5.1.2 which should let me capture and edit my HDV footage from my GY-hd100 in final cut natively...correct? but for some reason I can not get the clips that i capture playback in realtime within my sequence. The canvas window says that the footage is unrendered. ...now, the new update said it should run natively...is there a difference between running natively and being able to edit real time? what does "native support" mean? and what does "real time editing" mean? I am new to the forum, but I am very passionate and don't plan on going anywhere! Any help will be much appreciated!

thanks,

_stephen.stuart
Stephen Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #2
Wrangler

There should be an Easy Setup for 720p24 HDV. Try that, then toss your existing sequence and make a new one.
Old October 9th, 2006, 09:22 PM   #3
Tourist

i love you

i love you, awsome! thanks a million!
Stephen Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #4
Major Player

Another quick way to check footage format against sequence format is to switch to list view in the browser and look at the format and frame rate columns of both clip and sequence. They both should be the same. 1280 x 720..and same frames per sec. I often get messed up when a sequence is created before I choose easy set up. Like when opening a new project, the first sequence is created by default in the last easy set up you used.
Dave Beaty
Dave Beaty is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite