View Full Version : BCF2000 Control Surface & Final Cut Studio

Chris Hocking
December 11th, 2006, 02:03 AM
I have just purchased a Behringer BCF2000 control surface for use with Final Cut Studio, Protools, Reason, etc.

I have just got it working with Final Cut Pro and I must say it's going to be a very handy tool to have!

But now that's working I want to customize it a bit more and assign some different functions to some of the buttons.

I have tried looking through the manual and other online documentation, but so far no good.

I am currently using the latest 1.10 firmware and "Logic Control" over USB.

I can't seem to work out how to use the "LEARN" function to assign specific functions to buttons. Holding down LEARN and a button doesn't seem to do anything except activate the button. Do I have to be in a special mode to use the LEARN facility?

I considered using the BC-Edit tool, however I have no idea about the MIDI implementation FCP has (i.e. what "codes" relate to what functions).

I know some people here are using this control surface with FCP. How did you set it up? Can you share the settings file?

Thanks in advance!

Chris!

Chris Hocking
December 11th, 2006, 04:00 AM
Ok, well I've just worked out that you need to be in "Regular B-Control Mode" to use the "LEARN" function, and it seems any of the other editing functions. I don't think it clearly states this in the documentation, although I could have missed something.

So, now I can get the unit to LEARN, but it's not learning much. Using the Audio Mixer in FCP, I taught it to do the fader actions, mute, etc. But I can't get it to learn any important functions such as Save, Undo, Play, etc. I presume FCP is programmed so that when you click Save it doesn't actually transmit a Control Signal.

So, the question still remains, how can I teach the BCF2000 to save, undo, etc.?

What I really need is a FCP MIDI Protocol manual or something...

Any ideas?