DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Final Cut Suite
Discussing the editing of all formats with FCS, FCP, FCE

Old December 11th, 2006, 02:03 AM   #1
Major Player

BCF2000 Control Surface & Final Cut Studio

I have just purchased a Behringer BCF2000 control surface for use with Final Cut Studio, Protools, Reason, etc.

I have just got it working with Final Cut Pro and I must say it's going to be a very handy tool to have!

But now that's working I want to customize it a bit more and assign some different functions to some of the buttons.

I have tried looking through the manual and other online documentation, but so far no good.

I am currently using the latest 1.10 firmware and "Logic Control" over USB.

I can't seem to work out how to use the "LEARN" function to assign specific functions to buttons. Holding down LEARN and a button doesn't seem to do anything except activate the button. Do I have to be in a special mode to use the LEARN facility?

I considered using the BC-Edit tool, however I have no idea about the MIDI implementation FCP has (i.e. what "codes" relate to what functions).

I know some people here are using this control surface with FCP. How did you set it up? Can you share the settings file?

Thanks in advance!

Chris!
Chris Hocking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 04:00 AM   #2
Major Player

Ok, well I've just worked out that you need to be in "Regular B-Control Mode" to use the "LEARN" function, and it seems any of the other editing functions. I don't think it clearly states this in the documentation, although I could have missed something.

So, now I can get the unit to LEARN, but it's not learning much. Using the Audio Mixer in FCP, I taught it to do the fader actions, mute, etc. But I can't get it to learn any important functions such as Save, Undo, Play, etc. I presume FCP is programmed so that when you click Save it doesn't actually transmit a Control Signal.

So, the question still remains, how can I teach the BCF2000 to save, undo, etc.?

What I really need is a FCP MIDI Protocol manual or something...

Any ideas?
Chris Hocking is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Apple / Mac Post Production Solutions > Final Cut Suite